whats up with all the frozen bolts

are these cars in love with giving me a hard time? first off on the rear suspension the metal sleeve thats in the bushing froze to the bolt (that was hell) now i cant get the bolt that is nearest to the hub on the lca loose. how can i get it out without breaking it?

Yeah, that’s a VERY common problem. It took me a LONG time to install my ES bushings because I had to fight with every single bolt.
There’s not really much you can do except SOAK them in penetrating oil and let them sit for a while before you work on them

i had that problem on my Rs and i know im going to have it on my Gs-R and ive also had the same problem on all my friends cars when i was dropping them …its very common with hondas and acuras and it sucks lol …i usually soad it with PB blaster for a while lol …it that doesnt work try heating it up …

p.s. when you do get it off …and also do this for every bolt you take off …put anit-cease on the threads of all the bolts …

torch/sawzall/hacksaw/time/penetrating oil/good lock jaw pliers/

you may have to settle with replacing the bushing and the bolt

Yup

When i installed my tein springs i had 2 get a blow torch 2 the rear and it was a bitch

yea i endend up having to saw through the shock on my Rs …which sucked …

HAHA! All of my bolts were easy to get out. I love living in a snow free environment. </pointing and laughing>

try to lube it for at least one full day, spraying it every hour or so. I wd-40’d the bolt for the tie bar placement for 2 days and it came off pretty easy

heat and penetrating oil and patience.

damn it i was just telling myself im gettinn gup early toomorrow to put my springs on. when i put my brothers springs on his 240 it tooks us 3 hours should i expect it to take longer then that

if everything comes out like it should with little struggle you can get shocks/springs in within 3 hrs no problem by yourself

i hope you guys are right about penetrating oil cause i cant afford to snap bolts. i am changing my lca so i know i am done for. :bawl:

never any guarantees but most likely if a bolt is frozen its because the metal collar in the bushing has closed around it and its there for good

if you cant afford to break bolts right now u should wait till you can.

When I was trying to yank my inner front LCA bolts to get my axles out one of the sleeves was frozen to the bolt, it came out of the nut just fine (wouldn’t snap) but kept bending the mounting point further forward. Wasen’t able to brace the sheetmetal in place well enough to hold it, so I just retightened it and hammered the mount back into shape.

I snapped the head off of the outer(Hub side) LCA bolt on the rear passenger side. I don’t know how the hell to get it out now because its in there really fukcn tight…ideas? I live in SoCal so its not frozen…
Thanx

same thing happened to me

sawzall torch vice / grips new bushing (if seized) and obviosly new bolt

you will figure out why when you look at it all :bow: