What short shifter to buy?

haha man… give me a few mins to take them and upload them.

ok they dont work …just go to my page.
my teg page 5

holly shit is that short a lot shorter than my dc

That looks sweet. expensive though.

new shot with greddy knob.

is that a red silk shift boot or something?

nope just leather or pleather what ever yo ucall it

So is the B&M’s rattling problem because it’s hitting something under the car?

Also, what is the best settup, it sounds like any of the known brands are nice, except for the B&M rattling problems. So my question now is, how do you get rid of that crappy looseness and very uncrisp shifter feel?! Can you buy factory linkage to cure that, or is it the linkage at all? I coulda swore there was a post that said how to cure this, but all I can find now is some info on the ITR linkage settup, I’d rather use OEM if OEM will cure the problem, that way I don’t halfto worry about widening anything or any other problems that I could run into. And now I can’t find the link that someone said has all the parts you should buy to get rid of the sloppy feel, and the link had a picture of all the OEM linkage parts that you need, now it’s gone? :bang:

Update on my B&M PRo edge:

After “solidifying” all my engine and tranny mounts. ALL my shifter vibrations have disappeared. I suppose i gained much more clearance & dampening from the engine and tranny being positioned exactly where it’s supposed to be (opposed to stretching the stock mounts due to the weight). After all this time, i never thought i could ever rid that rattle…

for those who dont know what i’ve done:
1)B&M Pro edge short shifter
2)ES shifter bushings
3)cut & shaved the crap out of the shift rods to gain more clearance (it used to get exhaust vibrations after this still)
4)all heatshields, sheet metal removed completely
5)i have an RS*R exhaust so there’s less shifter clearance

if you have broken or worn out tranny mounts (passenger), the shifter rattle MIGHT be a symptom.

I know many of you said the ebay sifters are crap, but thats mostly because all of them are aluminum. What do you guys think of this one, says made by 100% 6061 T-6 billet Steel. Probobly shouldn’t break in half while shifting hard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7944164792&category=33736

they seem confused. 6061 T6 is a grade of aluminum.

yep 6061 is aluminum

6061-T6
A heat treatable grade used in a wide variety of products from truck frames to screw machines products and structural components. A liberal bending radius is required when forming. Non-Bendable-dull finish.

ive had a cheap ebay short shifter in my civic and in my teg and they held up fine for me. i dont SLAM the gears though?

but why get a cheap one when u can get B&M nowadays for a few bucks more? there are a lot around for around $40…i think some guy on h-t sells them if u are intersted search there

i have an APC, yes APC short shifter in my car because the Band M was on backorder and they had the APC in stock to i bought it, and it rubbed against my exhaust but i removed it, and bent the pipe slightly and it doesnt touch at all, the shifting is decently short, it has a nice feel to it, and its an awesome red metalic color that you can see a little between the shifter and the boot, and i bought a skunk2 shifter to go with it, and i couldnt be happier.

ebay apc shifter: 7.99

you bought a Skunk shifter to go with your APC shifter…

Dual transmission? 13 speed?

edelbrock

its as good a the b&m the shifts r real short

took a blurry pic

opps forgot pic

psh you know what i meant, shift knob

For anyone still looking:
I just ordered a B&M dual bend off ebay for $45shipped and the ES bushings for $19shipped, also from ebay

From what I hear from you guys, I should be completely satisfied! Thanks for the info :bowdown:

how do i tell if the B&M shifter i’m about to buy “lowers the shift knob” (only way i can think of explaining it) like 92GSRTeggie’s. It doesnt have to be that low, just lower than stock. Do all B&M’s do that?
here is the one i’m looking at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7982786540&fromMakeTrack=true

Might want to check this out, depending on your intended usage. I’ll be using one on my RR DA.

http://www.fastlineperformance.com/shifter.htm