What kind of gas milage do you get?

Well, if all that’s been done and your shifting no higher than 3,000 rpms, then I’m at a loss for ideas…

:bump:

:rofl:

i just got 251 on 11.2gallons

os sensor isnt that old and ive never gotten much better… i did get worse but that was with a bad caliper and ive since fixed that and now im getting the above… i dont drive fast much… and im almost always in 5th gear above 40mph when im crusing

93 gs 111,000 miles- mannny
30 mpg local
37-38 highway
just treated with Berrymans b12 fuel inj. cleaner, will replace fuel filter this week.

how hard is it to convert to a 4wire o2 sensor?

how the hell do you get 30mpg and 38 highway? do you have proof or what? there is no way i can get 30mpg local

you shouldn’t even be asking. you’ve been here long enough to know how to search.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82117

Just filled up: Mixed freeway/local driving, a/c, conservative driving (this time), slightly over 30 mpg.

Previous tank, I mashed the pedal everywhere I went, dropped to about 25 mpg

i dont understand how you guys are getting that much mileage, and i changed all tune up parts and im getting worse gas mileage now :frowning: something is killing my gas mileage now!!! ive changed fuel filter, denso spark plugs,bosch red spark plug wires, put in some chevron fuel system cleaner, honda oem distributor and rotor cap :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

ive done all of that too except the sparkplug wires… and the fact i got a new distrib… instead of just new cap and rotor… even put lucus fuel cleaner/treatmenet

and from what ive read and heard thats one of the best even compared to the $10 a bottle stuff

did you get a new distributor or a rebuilt one

My biggest drop in mileage was when I got my 2.25 inch exhaust.
Go back to stock size if you want higher mileage, lose the coffee can.
Stop driving around with your 200 watt hids and fogs on all the time.
Lose the big ass box for your subs.
Turn down your stereo.
Lose the rice spoiler!

no idea… i didnt buy it… it cost $300 tho

its prolly a rebuilt my guess…

I’ll be checking fuel mileage again. I recently purchased this car from a person that took pretty good care of the car. I really don’t believe it myself, hence that is why i’ll continue on monitoring it.Been doing my back and forth driving, will check that, and then plan on doing a trip on friday, 300 miles, and see what happens.

ok, just got done with my local running around for the week, checked the mpg, 27.0, 5.77 gal. used in 156 miles of local driving.
Read an interesting article in Sport Compact,where it was discovered that gas they were using was a problem in the tests they were doing. The test ting was performed in Calif. Hey, who knows what they’re putting in gas.

very interesting, it must be the california gas then because im getting shitty mileage now

If you want some interesting reading on fuel, filters, oil,etc. go to Bobishteoilguy.com. A lot of tech talk and such.

MattyG2, just wondering if you have a stock cat still, cause when they go, they can clug up your exhaust and cause terrible mileage and poor performance. If not then maybe you should check your compression, or better yet, leak down test. I have a 92 RS, that averages around 29 city and 35 hwy, and thats with 263,800 miles on the odometer. I drive around 80 miles a day, and alot of city/hard driving. Good luck.

i dont know i used to get good gas mileage like a month ago with 260 on a tank and with 3 gallons left. now im getting like 220. Yes my whole car is stock, but how can it be the cat if i passed smog with low numbers? and yeah i need to a leak down test to find a oil leak i have but thats later on

Had e-bay short ram, lost 1-2mpg
factory intake w/o resonator about lost 1mpg
factory intake with resonator lost 0

I know a intake will hurt you mpg, and bottom end tq, but why a exaust? I may just dump my 2 1/4" exaust due to this. My prioritys are 1) gas milage 2)power 3) ease/confort to drive. Will a header hurt me too?

I do have Xenon bulbs (they’re $20, and I needed light bulbs).

Have a factory system, but I do drive around with a tranny, and two sets of wheels in the back of my car.

I don’t really listen to my radio, but every now and then, I do. I still don’t listen to it loud.

No spoiler, not even a factory one.