what are you revving your LS out to???

I have been going to the track lately and found that I can probably make some improvements on time but not sure how. I’m trapping speeds at 119mph in the 1/4, bouncing off of 4th on my 94+GSR gearset @ 7600rpm. looking at my dyno charts my peak torque is @ about 5300-5400RPM, and horsepower keeps it nice and steady from 5500RPM to redline. I’m wondering if raising my revlimit would help me since after peak torque, my torque starts to really drop to the already set 7600RPM redline. I realistically want to rev it to 8200??? but not sure if this is a good idea or am I thinking backwards? I want to not bounce off of 4th gear running 24.5X9.0X13" slicks near the finish.

shift???

lol, sorry i had too

what are u running? maybe think of a little bit of a longer tranny 7600 is allready risky for an LS, i wouldnt go much higher, unless u wanna maybe change your tranny to something a little longer…or shorter so you can get into 5th sooner and still get a good amount of boost into it, if your JUST getting to rev limit just before the finish line id get a little bigger tires just so your at the end of your gear and u dont loose time on that last shift.

just my 2 cents

sorry I’m running a turbonetics 57 trim and maxxed out(27Psi). the thing with shifting into 5th is it’s a LS 5th and I have done it a couple times at the track and it sucks…bad… my momentum with the gsr gears feels great until I hit 5th. about revving it that high what am I missing?

sleeved GE block
pauter rods
Rocket valvetrain
supertech valves
balanced & blueprinted
OEM bearings
Race Ported and Polished

I have stock cams and probably the reason TQ drops off after 5400 rpm, but am looking at JGE303’s or possible a Vtec head. for my setup, is it risky to say I can rev to 8200 rpm safely?

Sounds like you need bigger slicks. What size are you running now? Crower claimed my 2.0l ls could rev to 9k all day long, so I would think you could run your motor to mid 8000’s if you think it will help. If you get a good launch you will end up having to shift before the trap if you don’t run larger tires.

Edit: saw you are running 24.5" slicks. You shouldn’t really be shifting to 5th with 24’s. What final gear are you running? I don’t even think 26’s would fit.

I’m running a 4.400 B16 FD. I wish I had a good vid to post but I don’t but for about a second you hear me bouncing off 4th to the finish. that could be usuable time and power to help get me to lower 11’s possibly.

with your setup id rev till 8500 with no worries.