Teggykid Running Log *New Wheels*

I wanna see that new camaro in the back ground when its done. Is it being repaired or getting custom paint?

airbrushed flames. only problem is its an auto =O

seriously, why do you go spend like ~60k on a car like that and get an auto, wtf :umno:

how about some more pics of that early nova.

new paintjob and those wheels + lowered and you go yourself a nice ride

you like cars like that? big wheels, ect? cause there are plenty here in Alabama, lol. too close to Georgia, hahaha. he has like 2 or 4 of those cars, but i think one is a GTO cause the front end kinda look the same or something, idk. i’m not an expert on old body styles.

well it’s already lowered and my dad wants to raise it up to a 1.5" drop. it’s got a 2.5" right now, but seeing as i’m gonna hve a good bit of friends in it i can’t lower it too much. i’m gonna leave it where its at for now and adjust accordingly as i drive and see what its like

UPDATE

So we went to Steve’s today and worked on the doors some more. Some more news, i have to get a new front bumper, new hood, and new rear bumper. sucks, but at least the rear bumper isn’t completely necessary right now, but it would make more sense to get it now and paint it instead of painting the old one then have to paint the new one. Anyways, we sanded down all the door jams and went and looked at the rest of the car, some aftermarket parts look questionable, as in not name brand, but nothing i can do about that. Only pic i didn’t get a pic of was the fuel rail which is also aftermarket. Some cool cars in the shop. I think I’m going to trade my Teg for the Impala. Here’s the pics!

Removed

That exhaust is going to sound so annoying on an automatic and any car for that matter. And, that thing on your intake is unnecessary, and the fake steering wheel is a total fail.

you are a true douche bag you know that right? seriously. you could have just said something like “the exhaust is going to be weird on an automatic and the steering wheel looks cheap” or something like that. you’ll probably throw back the “it’s just my opinion” or “i’m entitled to my opinion” which is fine, but you must not be much of a people person. thanks for the help:up::up::up:

You kno you have to start learning to take critisism. Let it be good or bad. Like you say also everyone is entitled to their own opinin. So if you dont like it then your on the wrong forum. Not trying to come out like an asshole but hey im entitled to my opinion too.

I’m a douche because I’m saying what I feel? get over it dude. I’m not going to dumb it down so your feelings won’t get hurt. People say good or bad things about my car all the time and I don’t tell them, “Hey you could of said this, that and this!” It’s how people feel! Learn that people will say any and everything to you without considering your feelings. And, I am a very good people person. Your car build just sucks :slight_smile: and you need to know because for some reason you think what you’re doing is “cool” and it’s not. In that case don’t post on the internet expecting everyone to like what YOU’RE doing to your car.

i’m not sure if you are familiar with matt here. he has been told that he is negative on other accounts besides this one. he has also replied to other questions i’ve had in this thread and others on T-I. it’s not that i don’t like his opinion, its that the only opinions i’ve seen from him are in fact negative. and i know you not an ass, but negative comments and constructive criticism are 2 different things

you just don’t get it do you? it’s not that i care whether you like my build, it how you talk (or type). nothing you have said has come across as constructive. i’m not telling you to change what you are saying, but there are better ways than how you said it. and i’m prety sure to be restoring this wreck to a pretty decent shape doesn’t suck. i have hardly done anything yet! its not even done painting and the only other this i have gotten is a stereo and wheels. and as you’ve stated before, my wheels “suck”, sorry if i can’t go out and but a ~$1400 set of wheels. and what i do to my car is what i want, and you saying its not “cool” or good is kinda strange seeing as everyone else that has posted has LIKED what i am doing, they may have questioned some of the parts i initially chose, but after using constructive criticism, they managed to save me from wasting my money. what i think you don’t get is is that i am on a super tight budget. i don’t have all the money to buy some of the best parts out there and even if i save i still may not be able to afford it anytime soon. i just don’t have the income to get it. i’m working on getting some money, probably gonna pressure wash driveways, or cut grass or something, but you need to understand that. :werd:

If you don’t have income then maybe it’s not a good idea to look for parts that are NOT needed. Buy cheaper oem parts from parted out cars or go to a junkyard. It’s better than putting that cheap crap you buy from ebay on your car. Not having an income is no excuse, because obviously your parents are paying for a lot of stuff. If you want positive, the only thing good i see if that you fixed the wreck and getting it painted. Everything else you’re doing is probably unnecessary.

well now its obvious, you haven’t even read my thread all the way through. if you did you would know that the parts were already on the car. so “cheap ebay stuff”, i see nowhere where i have purchased anything of the sort. and don’t start on my wheels because they are perfectly fine for a DD, lots of people use Drag and they are fine. i’m really tired of you on my forum, so stay off. and since you think my build “sucks”, i don’t even know why you bothered. thanks for nothing, bye :salute:

I would say something, but i will leave it short. It is “cool” that you have an interest in cars, but by posting a build log many would expect a build. What you are doing is not the same thing, and many with experience would say is counterproductive and possibly childish. What your goals are for this car would be a good start. I feel that it is admirable that your father is not going out and buying you a new car like the spoiled kids I know, but it seems like you have very little involvment in the work of this car. What you are doing is rather basic and will result in a nice reliable slow car assuming that there is more involved then just a couple parts and paint.

Its true that not everyone has the money for actuall name brand wheels like myself, but I would rather get some OEM wheels rather than some knockoffs unless I get them for like $200 then maybe. You can find some Bladez, LS meshies or sis for under $400. I actually found some blades for $200 needed to be repolished but hey Im not working so I had the time like yourself. Also I dont know Matt at all im just saying you should expect alot of people to be like that on here or anywhere. We all sometimes talk Shit about other peoples cars im sure you have an I kno i have. I guess best thing is dont take it to heart if you like what you are doing then do it dont worry about what other people think. 1 question is this going to be a sponsor car for Rockford Fosgate?

i second this comment