Teggykid Running Log *New Wheels*

My amps I got within %5 of dealer price; the sub was ordered from the company directly; my head unit I happened to stumble upon for also near distributor price. I had numerous coaxial sets, but was never satisfied with them. All of the materials with exception of batteries, fiberglass/mdf, and sound deadening were free, and I did all of the work myself along with a full stealth alarm install. That included reworking the alternator, running power/grounds, and a full stealth install on the enclosure/amps.

once again, not really sure what you said but i like that you did most of the work yourself. and btw i have plenty of security measures lined up to keep my car safe. fuel and ignition cut off, Prestige alarm (i’ll put a pic of the remote), hood latch cable relocate, and maybe something else i can think of that we plan on doing, but not going to reveal all secrets of how we do the stuff

Basically I got most everything at cost, not going price. As far as the alarm goes it is only as good as the install, so I would recommend doing research into stealth alarm installs.

I hid my alarm in the quarter panel, left the start circuit untouched, was careful where I tapped into the harness and reloomed all wires into the stock harness, installed a redundent battery at the alarm, hid multiple 130db or 140db sirens throughout the car, and installed stand alone kill switches using stock switches with numerous other measures along with common sense. Be cautious in were you leave the car, who knows what you have, and were you park.

Most people on here like OEM wheels, our actual name brand wheels like Mugen, SSR, Enkie, Work etc etc…

but hey im sure they will look good on your car

[QUOTE=darin d;2052536]Basically I got most everything at cost, not going price. As far as the alarm goes it is only as good as the install, so I would recommend doing research into stealth alarm installs.

I hid my alarm in the quarter panel, left the start circuit untouched, was careful where I tapped into the harness and reloomed all wires into the stock harness, installed a redundent battery at the alarm, hid multiple 130db or 140db sirens throughout the car, and installed stand alone kill switches using stock switches with numerous other measures along with common sense. Be cautious in were you leave the car, who knows what you have, and were you park.[/QUOTE]

I’ve talked to my dad about how we were going to do it, before talking to you, and he said he can hide an alarm so that no one will ever find it. like i’ve noted before, he’s been doing this 20 years or so so he knows tons of tricks and safety measures. he had a Nissan hardbody before his Chevy and now his Patriot where he had it lowered, wheels, and his system was crazy loud. he cut the back of his cab and sealed his bed and did the box from the bed into the cab (you know what I’m saying?) and he had it layered with security because of all the stuff he had. :rockon:

but overall i really appreciate your concern about my car and where i park it and all and i will be sure to to take extra caution on parking (park close to classrooms at school, garage every night, take parents car to the movies, ect) and stay close to the build! carpet kit will be coming soon!

[QUOTE=Stevo-DA;2052554]Most people on here like OEM wheels, our actual name brand wheels like Mugen, SSR, Enkie, Work etc etc…

but hey im sure they will look good on your car[/QUOTE]

thank you, and i have noticed that and i have to admit i’m kinda sick of seeing it everywhere. played like rotas :werd: . i don’t plan on following the crown with everything but some things aren’t that bad. as for wheels, i’ll buy what i like and what i can afford :rockon:

MattyG2 I’ve always had a DA

Yea I have seen a few pass-throughs or what ever you want to call it. I knew a guy down here in texas who had something similar, but made to look like a diamond plate tool box. It was two dd 9515e I believe with a very clean fiberglass face and single port into the cabin. When you opened the toolbox the back sides of the amps and crossovers are exposed through lexan. Very clean.

As far security goes, it is all about patience; I am not doubting his ability, but saying that age and experience do not always relate to skill.

I am still interested in your direction on the mids and highs, I would never do anything more then one set of bi amped coaxials or home audio components myself.

right… guess i just didn’t know then… Matty:giggle::giggle::giggle:

[QUOTE=darin d;2052669]Yea I have seen a few pass-throughs or what ever you want to call it. I knew a guy down here in texas who had something similar, but made to look like a diamond plate tool box. It was two dd 9515e I believe with a very clean fiberglass face and single port into the cabin. When you opened the toolbox the back sides of the amps and crossovers are exposed through lexan. Very clean.

As far security goes, it is all about patience; I am not doubting his ability, but saying that age and experience do not always relate to skill.

I am still interested in your direction on the mids and highs, I would never do anything more then one set of bi amped coaxials or home audio components myself.[/QUOTE]

as for the skill part, i understand what you mean. but my dad has awards for Top 100 installers in the USA and a certificate from Kicker for completing their training course and not long ago was flown to Arizona for a (not sure what you would call it) “class” or “course” i guess, for Rockford Fosgate. basically they were there for a week and they had a HUGE facility and they showed techniques on all sorts of stuff from building boxes to tuning and all sorts of stuff that deals with car audio. all paid by Rockford Fosgate (i think my dad was in a way representing CKR). but they did this cool thing where they build like a trophy thing that was the Rockford “R” on a base and they did LED’s on it so it lit up blue, it was really cool, I’m not sure where it’s at right now though (they got to keep them). but overall i don’t think my dad would have been a candidate for all that without being very good at what he does. You can go to ckrme.com and look at some of the stuff he’s done (not all of it is there obviously, even some of his best work) but they have a couple things there like the Tacoma and the GTO. i remember seeing them GTO at the shop and checking it out, it was sick.

UPDATE

Well today we finally went to Steve’s shop and starting working on all the pieces. He had already taken off the doors, trunk lid, and hood. The car is in the other building and he was supposed to come by with that key but he didn’t, maybe tomorrow. Anyways, so far we have taken out the windows, seals (i guess that what you call it, rubber thing that keeps environment out), door panels, door handles (inside and out), and side view mirrors (since I’m pretty sure none of the 2 gen’s came with the foldable ones, that means i have the JDM ones! yes!). BTW I don’t know if i mentioned this but i have power windows and door locks along with power mirrors. While I was enduring the task of disassembling doors my dad started sanding the hood and I think the trunk was already sanded. Right now we are just doing a “basic” sanding, no door jams and tight little corners yet. That’s basically all we did today for 6 hours [:o] . Hard work that stuff is. And we found a cool little surprise in Steve’s shop. A 2010 Camaro that is getting some sick flames airbrushed down the side of it! That car is sooo bad! Sorry but I didn’t take any pictures today… nah, I’m kidding, here they are!

Cut some JDM marker holes in those fenders while there out. If you plan on installing them later in future.

i thought about this but i want a really clean look so I’m leaving the side markers out, but thanks for the advice anyways!

lol bud, good work but MOST g2s came with folding mirrors, jdm g2s have power folding mirrors as in you hit a button and they fold in for hard parking ^^

its lookin great cant wait to see it finished

lol, ok, i thought i remembered seeing somewhere that they didn’t but i guess not! thanks for the replies on the thread, you seem to be the only one =/

[QUOTE=Stevo-DA;2054296]lol bud, good work but all g2s came with folding mirrors, jdm g2s have power folding mirrors as in you hit a button and they fold in for hard parking ^^

its lookin great cant wait to see it finished[/QUOTE]

Not true, all g2’s do not come with folding mirrors

So far I like the way this is going. Agreed that an audio setup wouldn’t be my 1st choice in upgrades but after reading and seeing what you paid for the setup and your dad is doing the labor…:up:

i like the design of the wheels you chose for the wheels! I am not a fan of Drag’s myself as they are not a “good quality” wheel as far as strength goes, but ignore all of the negative comments you’ll get on this site about them as most people think your an ass if your not rolling on $3000 JDM wheels when 1/2 of their cars they are on are not even worth that!

You can only buy what you can afford, and for a daily driver…I see nothing wrong with Drag’s or Rota’s!

You get a thumbs up from me especially since it’s a DB1! Good luck!

To be a little more specific, the RS model came with non-folding “Mickey Mouse” mirrors…if you look at them next to each other you can see the difference.

yeah i spaced that some RS’s dont have folding mirrors my buddy joes dont fold but i fixed my post lol

updates??

oh, the next updates will be when Steve gives my camera back! ^^ he took it with him to take pics of the car itself, but i will probably go take more next weekend. remember, my dad works all week so we don’t go on the weekdays, only weekends, so updates will be then, but comments are welcome!

lol WE WANT UPDATES NOW!!! i kid i kid

i try and work on my DB every change i get after work goin over there tomorow to get some work done ^^