Saving the DB1

yeah cause i had to paint it after i welded it and it would have been wierd to paint around the motor.

Gonna put the new brakes and MC on tonight

Wow man this is looking good!

I don’t think Id ever have the courage to try body work of this caliber, but more power to you!

thanks, its not as hard as it looks just need the right tools this has been coming along so nice and easy, i am impressed with myself i didnt think it was gonna turn out this great.

got the new rotors and pads on, and started putting the power steering components back on and im kinda doin a wire hide not a tuck im just running everything lower along the frame its coming out great dont really care if people disagree with my wire hiding it will look good and function the same

post pics up in the morning goin to bed night ^.-

forgot to mention i got a free type r lip from my buddy joe, and started wire hiding instead of tucking same look its coming along great, i dont care if people think im stupid for just lowering the wiring used the stock zip tie holder things and drilled a few holes to keep it tight to the frame

thought i would just check to see how level it was perfect zero

The type R lip sizing it up

Old nasty brakes

The new shiney rotors and pads

old harness had some flaws so Joe pinned out the old foglight clips and put a new one off the spare harness

Running the driverside harness down along the bottom of the frame rail

will finish the passenger side when i get back from Spokane going to visit family and pow wow on my rez

I think just lowering still improves the bay. just be careful with space between the belts and the harness and oyu should be fine…

yeah i took that into consideration thats why i kinda kept it close to the rail and under the power steering lines

where will u put the fuse box now?

still up in the air, but i might build a bracket for were its at now, or build a bracket for it to sit under the prop valve a little

not gonna get any more updates tell monday im on my way to spokane wa, for a pow wow at my rez and to visit family befor i leave for basic

Pow wow was fun got to see alot of my distant relatives from Montana had a blast il post pics up of that later

k so i went over to the shop this morning and started working on the car but my wife got called into work and since its my day off i gotta watch josh, so my wife will get paid for afull day but i got a little bit of work done gonna go back out there tonight installed new fuel filter and the Cruise control and the charcol canister

I would realy reconsider mounting that fusebox somewere more accessable, just in case you do have electrical related problems. that might be kind of difficult to work with while the motor is in the car.

your doing some great work man, keep it up:up:

Thanks, yeah im probaly gonna end up mounting it under the Prop valve like i did in my DA all id have to do is move the Intake tube to check it

so the MC on the parts da is full but the paint is starting to peel from the back of the MC that bolts up to the booster dunno cause mine had the same paint deal, anyone know if thats normal?? my DA doesnt but my friends DC and DA both have it

So didnt get to go back out today its my wifes friends Bday so gonna run out there.

Wed-thurs im goin back to MEPS to reclassify

Friday i get paid and im thinkin about either ordering lowering springs or ES bushing kit, leaning towards getting the bushing kit what you guys think?

[QUOTE=Stevo-DA;2054722]
[/QUOTE]

thats not were i was gonna mount it lol just had it placed there lol will see il mount it once the motor and trans are in the car

looking good stev-o! cant wait to see the final product man.

thanks tim, lol it wouldnt have happened without you drivin me around all day!

il try and find you a new block, call some people tomorow.

Are you building this car for you or your wife? Those mounts are going to suck if you’re building this car for comfort.

for me, it was originaly gonna be for my wife but she didnt want to drive a manual and i wasnt gonna get rid of it after investing all this time and effort.

plus we are picking up a 07 ridgeline in a few months that she will be driving

Friday ordering the bushing kit, and gonna take a look at the TA bushing if they look rough gonna get some new OEM ones later down the road

so what happened with your DA?

its in my garage need to replace my axle, if i dont leave in 2weeks and have time when iget my db1 done im gonna tear it down and start prepping it for paint, so it will get painted while im at basic, or im gonna strip it down and leave it at my dads and come pick it up when i get my duty station and all settled in so i can start over new with it, just hit 35k on my LS/V suprised for how long its lasted gonna swap the LS/V out and build a more mild GSR or b16

The black one is mine and my friends show project hes gonna be keeping it when i leave

closer pick of it

k so i got some quotes for ES master kit, called a local shop wanted 200 tryed sayin msrp was 250, so i said id call weksos and some other shops, weksos said 170 shipped is g2ic price, and another local shop said 176 and some change, then the guy who wanted 200 called me back and asked what the other shops said told him i was gonna order them from wek for 170 now hes tryin to do 169 out the door but id need these by friday or monday at the latest and hes slaked on my brakes for about 2months lol so im gonna do the extra buck and order from weksos cause they have always been good to me :up: :up: