?'s about type r/skunk2 intake manny and bored throttle bodies

Hey guys Im looking for some nice gains and I already have like every bolt-on in the book.I was wondering if anyone with a type-r or skunk2 intake manifold with a bored throttle body noticed a bang for the buck?I really dont want to waste time or money but i need more power in my gsr!!!Let me know what you think about modifying intake manifolds and throttle bodies and what types I should consider if any.Lataz :loser:

you’re better off getting cams and pistons first. You won’t notice much of a gain until then.

I put on a skunk2 intake/jg body/cam gears/fpr and got 10hp to the wheels,on a b18c,dynoed 151hp to the wheels,put down 141 to the wheels before that.

You know for the price of all the bolt-ons people buy, you could prolly buy a starter turbo kit and actually gain some power.

yea you could also blow your precious high compression b17a and make it lose its value.Noobs think you can just slap on a turbo kit and go.So cams and pistons would be a better choice?

Didn’t really say you could just slap it on, but you can just waste money on stuff that doesn’t do anything…

point blank: b17a+boost=valve overlap and destruction…not to mention a hell of a lot more cash into misc. parts and tuning.Therefore id rather buy the so-called “useless” bolt-ons.Dam about 30 minutes ago I raced a d16vtec hatch on 11 psi…I guess his beginner turbo kit was a waste of money.
(SOHC my DOHC) Id say toms91integra’s statement were true had I owned an LS.

D16 says it all. Anyway perhaps your right, you should give me your b17 and you can have my b18. Then you can boost it. :up:

The motor can only breath so much with stock internals. If you want to get the most out of your current mods, you’d want some internal work.

But again…decide if you’re going N/A or FI first.