Parts I brought back with me from Japan :)

haha

“dont shift miss!!!”

hero

You would be my absolute hero if you could bring back a set of rear wheel bearings for a JDM 1991 integra. The american spindles are a bigger diameter so I cant use those. I looked at buying them and getting them shipped (just for the two) $490. I told the guy “I could fly over there, get them and come back for less!” Then I did some research and there is a mandatory 4 day stay on iternational flights. (at least thats what the airline said) so it would actually be more. if thats possible hit me up on here and let me know a price.

[QUOTE=Silchuki14;2069698]Wow…lot of nice parta there…

Any more infos on the Mugen Suspension? Stiffness, adjustability, ride height?[/QUOTE]

Since I had ITR stock suspension on my GS-R before, I’d say the Mugen suspension is quite similar to that. Ride height is quite similar as well (think it dropped .5 inch). Much stiffer than stock since the Mugen suspension is basically upgraded showa suspension. I think I still have the manual around so I’ll take a look at it.

any pics of the lip?

The lip is still at my apartment in Japan. Wish I took more pics of it. I’ll bring it back with me the next time I come back. The post office wouldn’t take it due to it’s size (same goes with my Hiro spoiler) so all I could do is to bring it back with me by plane.

JAPAN FTW. Those tail lights are sexy clean. Very nice parts. I’m going to Japan in November. I hope to find some JDM parts in the junk yards or local shops. Wish me luck. :rockon:

Where in Japan are you going? I know some good places and shops that have parts for the DA I could hook you up with. My friends live in Saitama and Chiba and around there I think it is best to look for parts. I haven’t tried any junkyards but I think that’s probably one of the best places. Can you speak Japanese?

My wife’s parents live in Kawaguchi. That’s where I’m going. Yeah junkyards would be a good place. Know a lil Japanese. Hook me up with the shop names if you can. Thanks. I can’t wait

I’ll try to find the websites/places that still carry good DA parts for you. I think it will be best to call around to make sure they have something you are looking for. Email is good too. The shops I look at usually carry parts like exhaust, suspension, certain body/performance parts, and wheels for many different cars so perhaps junk yards would be better if you want just DA/oem parts. The DA is getting pretty old so many places don’t carry much for them. I haven’t tried calling up and checking junk yards yet so if you do, please let me know how it turns out :angel:

Just a heads up, if you are planning to ship the parts back, the Japan post office will charge quite a lot and there’s also a size restriction which makes it all harder. I think it is best to bring parts back with you on the plane since size isn’t too much of an issue.

For sure I will be heading back to Japan next December but I think I might go back this December as well. Just got some stuff to take care of and also stuff going on with my GS-R. If I do and you are still there by the time, I will definately help you out. Think I’m like a few hours away from you by train :slight_smile:

lucky…whens the next time your headin over?? 2010?
you know how frickin hard it is to get parts and have them understand you haha. im talkin to like 3 different companines over there now for some parts

haha yeah it can be pretty hard and sometimes it’s not even worth going through all the trouble.

I go back every year… but not for parts. That’s just a little hobby of mine if I have extra money to spend ^^

haha nice… there is acutally a HIRO wing just like the one you got for sale on this special site i can across for about 38 bucks…but bein in japan its prolly an arm and a leg to ship

ooO good price for a Hiro wing.

Was it on an auction site? :slight_smile:

@Hayate: Do you have anything that can fix/restore my DB1? I live right down in Lakewood lol

haha ya it was

Did you see it in the Yahoo auction?
I’m a registered seller/buyer on there :slight_smile:

Hayate: You said you were a registered buyer/seller on yahoo Japan.

Can you email me? I’ve got something to ask :slight_smile:

Silchuki14 (at) Hotmail.com

Thanks

[QUOTE=hayate;2073380]Did you see it in the Yahoo auction?
I’m a registered seller/buyer on there :)[/QUOTE]

haha as am i but have yet to buy anything i could not find to much just some fenders and that wing.,how much are you paying in shippin? that is the only thing im worried about…
Do you use Rinkya?

I have an account on Rinkya but I don’t use it.

I mainly use Yahoo because I had an account there since 05 and my record is really good. Shipping will depend on what the item is but usually cheap since I live so close to Tokyo and anything I buy is usually there or from the surrounding areas close by. For example, I spent only 2500 yen to ship the Hiro Wing to my house which is quite reasonable. The entire Tanabe Gpower Medalion only costed about 3000 yen to ship (most people don’t offer service to America so I’m not sure of prices of shipping there if that’s what you we’re wondering). Everything I’ve purchased has a reasonable shipping cost but that is to Japan. Unless you are a company, shipping internationally has a strict sz limit. The Tanabe muffler alone is already considered oversize for the Japan Post.

[QUOTE=stocker2shocker;2073729]haha as am i but have yet to buy anything i could not find to much just some fenders and that wing.,how much are you paying in shippin? that is the only thing im worried about…
Do you use Rinkya?[/QUOTE]

Yahoo currently doesn’t offer much for the DA. They also have Recaro Seat brackets and a few aftermarket parts and body parts but not much. They usually have the normal JDM 1 pieces and tail lights but if you are looking for the smaller stuff like for example, the amber clock, bumper poles, etc. a junk yard would probably be better for that. What parts are you looking for? I planned to check out a junk yard but have yet to do so since they are pretty far from where I live. I don’t really spend time looking for parts for the DA since I don’t drive one in Japan but it’s kind of fun to make my GS-R here look a little nicer without losing originality.