Ongoing Scam - "I'll send you $xxxx, can you send me the remaining balance?"

Dan, take it to the local news! I’m sure it will be big since this scam hasn’t really been televised yet. With that coverage, I’m sure the government will jump right out and help you. Good luck sir.

i thought about that…but dont want to look like a fool… i prefer the whole town not be laughing at me.

Dan- It isn’t as stupid as you think. I’m sure there are a ton of people out there that have never heard of the scam. You’d honestly be doing them a favor. Re-think that thought.

dude i really hope u get ur money back. If I lived in UK I would’ve smoked him myself and gotten ur money back. I can’t stand scammers. I’ve been scammed before and I will never let it go.

Seriously, nothing to be embarassed about. A cashiers check usually IS as good as cash. In this day and age people just aren’t honest. Giving it some publicity may actually help your case and help catch this guy faster. Good luck. IF you cant work something out here maybe we (g2ic) could all donate like a $1 to you or something to help out with costs.
my .02.
Matt ,

Hey Dan,

Did you get the letter I sent you? Hopefully that will be good evidence for you.

got your letter- thank you very much daniel.

still working with the bank and pd. will let you all know what happens. if i do get screwed…well… i guess i wont have my gsr anymore. plans are… (just in case…)

-buy a 92 (if i can find) for a couple hundred bucks at an auction or salage yard or something. (>$1000)

-hopefully some friends would be willing to help me fix her up, maybe put in a new b18 or something. ($500 or less)

-paint it ($500)

-finish the turbo kit and slap it on there ($500)

-lower it ($65 shit ass ebay stuff)

-find some hx wheels (???) and have em painted gm black.

be done i guess…who knows…start all over? thats IF i even have money left over from this whole ordeal. i do know one thing. If i have to sell all the parts off the car and return it to stock, i will be selling it.

still working with the bank and pd. will let you all know what happens. if i do get screwed…well… i guess i wont have my gsr anymore. plans are… (just in case…)

-buy a 92 (if i can find) for a couple hundred bucks at an auction or salage yard or something. (>$1000)

-hopefully some friends would be willing to help me fix her up, maybe put in a new b18 or something. ($500 or less)

-paint it ($500)

-swap over my jdm headlights

be done i guess…who knows…start all over? thats IF i even have money left over from this whole ordeal. i do know one thing. If i have to sell all the parts off the car and return it to stock, i will be selling it.

-paint it ($500)

So what happened???

just got the news today.

bank said theyd cover half the cost, b/c its half their fault, half mine…and my lawyer said that was as good as i was going to get it.

…so i owe a little over $2000… meaning i will be selling my car in a few months, hopign for $5000 with what I have on it. time for a new project i guess…

important please read

I just got a call from the LAPD today and apparenty they caught the guy behind the online car buying scams (we’ll send you the difference thing). Well it seems that my name was on his list of victims and so thats why the LAPD contacted me. According to the police he had a list of about 200+ people. They already have him on 4 charges and they’re afraid that there might be more out there. I’m just trying to help out the victims. If any of you have been ripped off by this clown just pm me or email me and I’ll give you the number to the dectective that is handling this case.

I have e-mails from him if you want me to forward them…

can you send them to me…any victims out there now is your time to speak up!

I e-mail you everything.

i experienced the same thing…same thing was said to me (send extra for shipping and shit)…i recieved the check like 4days ago for $6,500…if i hadn’t recieved 2 other emails with the same idea and intentions i would have been screwed…i just emailed the guy when i got the check and told him i found out his check was bogus and told him to refrain from making anymore contact with me…no problems since…the site to REALLY watch out for is www.Auto101.com …i constantly get emails from scammers…

Thats why you take the one trusted method of payment…CASH :smiley: Will, cash and gold bricks.
Matt

PS: I remember reading this on the rx7 forum.

Hey you Guys Be carefull

OK about 3 months ago the same damn thing happend to me. I had a 69 ford for sale on some website. They contacted me through email and even called me once. They were very convincing and very good at what they do. The only thing that i can see that gives them away is the amount over what they owe for the item and bad grammar. They also may use the line just forward the rest to my shipper. My honest advice is if selling anything over the net or to anyone you dont know get them to give you cash in person or a Western union payment. If they say they cant do western union their full of it if they can really afford to get a money order or a cashiers check for the ammount then they can do a western union just as easy. Any way I still have the fake check for $8500 and am keeping it as a keepsake. I have been told that to handle this you must contact your states atorny general and the us secret service is now dealing with the investigation. It is also called a 419 scam there is more info under that name on the google search engine i hope this helps someone out there and be very carefull about who you deal with and how… I know im new here but i feel the pain on this one…

Cole

oh ps

If any of you want or need any more info that i have or want to exchange info on what happened just email me at oz7777777@hotmail.com and ill get back to you soon. Thanks

sux Ozyint…hope you work that out :up: