November 19th Track Day at Streets of Willow

Damn, I’d like to roll out there with some DAs sometime in the near future. It would be so much more fun than dealing with Evos and Civics…

Roll on out. AZ isn’t that far. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would, but I want to get my car totally sorted before then. I need to make SOWS well worth my while. That and the fact that I need to smooth things over with the exgirlfriend so I have a place to stay in Simi Valley…

Hey, I grew up in Simi. Oh and about getting the car sorted out before the event, I’m in a mad dash to get that done. We’ll see how it turns out.

i was thinking of rolling in at least pairs, with each pair carrying enough tools for a breakdown and having AAA just in case. as far as the attention, well i think im grown enough to stay between 65 and 70mph :smiley:

btw how many sets of wheels/tires are you guys bringing? i was thinking of just rolling and racing on my stock 15’s, unless you guys think its a waste and i should fork out for some 15" azenis asap.
i may even have a few staggered pairs of 14" azenis and 16" paradas with a little life left…

I’m rolling up with my co-driver and we’ll probebly take two cars so I guess that’s a pair.
I still need to get a set of tires for my 15" wheels. The Azenis on there are beat. I’m still not sure about what kind of tires to get for those. I’ll probably bring my 16s as well in case we want to try them out.
-nino

Two more weeks.

I met up with my neighbor here at SEMA, and he will be at that track event with his company Tokico. Pretty cool. 2 wks bitches!

:rockon:

:bump:

I wish I could go Nino, but I’m out of Vacation days here at work.

cough cough. I don’t think I’ll be able to make it in today. cough. I’m not feeling so good. :vomit: Hopefully I’ll feel better by Monday.

would someone mind going over the day’s events? i want to get a clear understanding of whats going to happen, and be prepared for anything, being my first time and all. i dont want to end up stranded 3 hrs from home, either due to a breakdown or, heaven forbid, an accident on the track…

i found this day schedule from speedtrials http://www.speedtrialusa.com/dayschedule.html

any difference between redline vs speedtrials events, other than 30min vs 20min sessions? also i see that the redline passing rules are more lineant. the rules of speedtrials http://www.speedtrialusa.com/qanda.html seem strict:

[b]Q: I got myself a used helmet for autocross, it’s Snell-95 or M95. Will I be able to use it?

A: The track tech is very strict and will not allow any motorcycle helmets. The helmet must be Snell Auto 95 (SA95 or SA2000).[/b]

^that would suck, i got some old helmets on the way from ebay.

[b]Q: If I bring a guest, can he ride in cars as a passenger?

A: Beginner groups can only take instructors as passengers. Intermediate and advance groups are allowed to take passengers, depending on the various tracks.[/b]

^suckage. if redline enforces this, can we just switch drivers every other session?

one more thing, my friend asked about insurance. not required? what happens in a collision? thanks guys!

X,

Not to worry. Redline is the most laid back company of the three major ones (SpeedtrailUSA, and SpeedVentures). The helmets you are picking up should be fine. Dont sweat it. Also, you tech your own car which is good, unlike SpeedtrailUSA who are pretty strict.

Even tho this is your first time, dont sign up for the beginner session. There is really no difference from the beginner and intermediate other than you cant take passengers which I think will be enforced. Just stick to the driving line, and you will be fine. When I first started tracking, I didnt sign up for the beginners because I was scared of n00bs fucking up my car by not paying attention, ya know.

Now the insurance question. There is no his fault, your fault at the track. If you crash or collide on the track with someone, your day is over. Getting your car fixed through insurance will be challenging since you have to make up a scenario of how it happened because if you were to tell them your going to the racing track, your insurance is void. Many people dont believe this, but after talking to an insurance friend, I am sure of it. Just stick to your line, and dont make unsafe passes and you will be fine.

X, here is a full lap at the track. http://www.g2power.com/Videos/Speedtrials(high).wmv .

Use this if you want to learn the layout. The only difference is that instead of the 3 little turns at the end, you will be taking the big right hand 180 you see throughout the video. There is the chicane in the video after a long straight. It is a blind turn and your taking it at upwards of 85-90mph. People have flipped their cars there, so take it easy at first, then go faster as your more comfortable with it. Check the video to see what Im talking about. HTH :slight_smile:

One more week! I can’t wait.

sweet. gonna do some tweaks and checks over the next few days, then if everything checks out ill go ahead and reserve my spot.

oh ya you know during your session, can you pit and do adjustments? does a guy flag you back in?
is the first lap/session a “practice lap”? can i walk or checkout the track beforehand?

You can pit whenever you want during the sessions. You’ll only get flagged in if you did something wrong(which includes going off the track). The first session is more or less a practice(actually they all are when you think about it). Usually everyone will take the first couple of laps pretty easy. I think that if you sign up for beginner, they’ll actually make you take the first few laps pretty slow to familiarize you with the course.

alignment: :up:
signup: :up:
azenis: TBA

anyone rolling from orange county?

Cool. That makes five of us now. Should be fun. :up: