Need help with Distributor......

Whats cracking,
So i have been rebuilding a 93 GS. It had minor front end damage, that i have already completed repairing.
So I’m ready to get this whip running, but i have a few issues that need to be checked out. I know that when it was wrecked, it was a very reliable car, all maintenance was done regularly, & over all, almost mint car.
So here is my situation, When i picked it up from the wrecking yard, someone already pulled the distributor off, that was the only thing that was taken off the car. I bought a used one from someone, and they said it was off a running motor also. Now when i installed it, the car will turn over, but wont start. I have new plug wires, spark plugs. The rotor, and cap look fairly new so i didn’t replace them. I pulled the plug wire # 1 to see if i have spark, none. Then i pulled spark plug to see if there was fuel getting to it, and it looks wet from fuel not igniting.
So i then proceeded to check wire harness for the distributor. They looked good, clean and tight fitting. I then was looking at them and seen a wire that was cut, wrapped in electrical tape. I took the tape off and there was a spade connector on the end. The wire is yellow with a green stripe. So i looked at the bottom wire harness and possibly found out that is where it goes. Ill post pictures.
Also on a side note, the car did have an aftermarket alarm, that i took out. So I’m thinking this has something to do with the car not starting, possibly a ignition issue. I went to the local auto parts store to get a repair manual, but there wasn’t any in stock, so ill have to wait 3 days till the store gets them in stock.
Any help would be appreciated.
peace.
The Pictures

im guessing they had messed up that wire from the connector. all you have to do is depin that same color wire from the distributor connector and connect it to that one that is loose. You should be good after that.

NO Spark

well i rewired the harness and it didn’t work. So i took off my distributor from my 92 DD, and swapped it since, i know it works. Still the same thing, no spark.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
CL.

have you checked continuity for the wiring you did? what about all of the other dist wires?

sounds like you need to spend some time w/ a multi-meter and your Helms manual.

also. it would be a good idea to double check any other components (plug wires…) on your DD. oh and get a new bolt for your distributor, or at least put a washer on there!

so i picked up the 3 bolts/washer from Honda today, for the distributor. I spent the day looking over the wires. Didn’t find anything that looked out of place. So i guess ill go get an ohm meter and start to run down all the wires. I think is has something to do with the aftermarket alarm, ignition system.

i didn’t read all of the thread, but i can tell you with a reasonable amount of certainty that the cable with the spade foes to the distributor. it is supposed to go in the location that is capped off with the small brown plug on your harness in pic 4. I looked at an obd1 harness and the yellow green wire goes there. that should have been it

I would assume it goes in the open hole, not the plugged one. There is one terminal on the distributor plug which is not used, and thus capped by the brown plug from the factory. If a wire has been removed, like we’re thinking in this case, I doubt someone would have plugged it, thus the open terminal you see in the pic.

oops! too early to be posting! correct. just look at both sides of the male and female ends! that’ll tell you for sure!

thanks ,
I am out of town at the moment, but I’m going to get back to this, this weekend, im thinking that this will be the fix. So ill let ya know what happens.
peace.