NA 2.0L round two and exterior freshen up!

Yeah, I would still like to pick up that pump from you man.

The ride now will be different then the power of the previous B20VTEC, but should still be plenty fun haha

You got my number man hit me up could have you meet amanda somewhere

Looking good so far brother! :sipread:
Did you have the b20 vtec tuned?
Any dyno numbers on the set up?
Just curious, I had a 1.9L ls/vtec a few years ago with a j1 and it ran amazing.
Always been curious as to the b20 vtec and how well they run. I am thinking about going that route, but boost is my main objective so idk what im going to do yet as far as the exact engine.
But definately boosting, im in school at night and work all day.
So needless to say im in the planning/ saving money stage right now… lol
AND plenty of research!! :think:

my old set-up

Block: B20B
RS Machine “ITR” style 84mm pistons
Eagle H beam rods
Balanced rotating assembly
ITR oil pump
ITR water pump
GSR oil pan
CTR crank pulley

Head: P72
CC “super hot series” P ‘n’ P headwork
RocketMotorsports valvetrain
RocketMotorsports M22x
SuperTech valves
Skunk2 Pro series cam gears
Skunk2 Pro Series port matched IM
Eriks Racing 70mm TB
RC 370cc Injectors
ITR fuel rail
AEM v2 intake

Exhasust:
SMSP B19 header
custom crush bent 2.5" Exhaust

My personal opinion on B20’s is they are great for an NA platform or “small” amounts of boost but if you start to creep into the 12+lbs of boost then I would stick with an LS/GSR or sleeve the block. I love how 2.0L feel with the flat torque curve, but I am die hard NA and have no interest to boost. Now I know there have been people that boost B20’s with success, but the “thin” side walls and side load pressure I would be weary of the sleeves. The only reason that my B20VTEC failed was because of a failed injector at 9,000 rpm which cause it to melt a piston. Other then that it was a very stout setup and extremly fun to drive :up:

Injectors are overrated… :stuck_out_tongue:

Should tell my pistons that :uhoh:
Apparently it got hungry tried to eat a valve too :hi5:

whats specs on the cams your running.
my buddy has a similar setup and put down 245hp in 91 pump gas a hot day.
p72 ported head
6 angle valve cuts
super tech valve train
sk2 tunner stg 3 cams
vectorx manifold
70mm tb
600cc injectors
arias 84mm pistons 12:5 c
eagle rods
hytech headers 2.75 catbak

[QUOTE=da6xsi06;2287318]whats specs on the cams your running.
[/QUOTE]

Which cams the new DD Tech’s or the RM M22x’s?

ur numbers do seem low, especially for a b20 the torque is low. my ls is stock and put 106 torque on a mustang dyno…cuz it seems like ur torque peaked at 145ish

It was a pull in 4th Gear, and on a Dyno Dynamics. They read notoriously low, but at the end of the day its just a number on a sheet of paper. It was a fun set up and had plenty of room for improvement, but I was pretty proud of my first motor. :up:

whoa why 4th gear? lol

Tuner said he likes 4th gear for short ratio transmissions. :shrug:

It was cool to watch it wrap out the Canadian GSR Cluster though haha.

dont they always do dynos in fourth??

ur supposed to do dyno pulls in 3rd…i dyno almost every single car in 3rd gear…sometimes a 6 speed ill do it in 4th…but other than that 3rd gear is what we always use

I think it is a preference thing, ive seen people go third or fourth gear. (Fourth tends to read lower)

on a honda 1:1 is 3rd gear…thats why i was surprised he did it in 4th…all tuners are different but most people and myself i use 3rd

Ah did not know that, but he said he has always tuned in fourth and likes it better? Motor held up great (until an injector failed), and it got 29mpg (which I have a pretty heavy foot :))

i like fourth because it shows a broader powerband.

I like fifth gear cause I don’t know anything and just wanted to say it lol, Tim I talked to Amanda she’s gonna try and find a way out there to meet you but she has no. Car right now so we might have to work something out

yeah those dyno numbers do seem low. I have an ls vtec NA and I have 214 on a mustang dyno and mine is a gs bottom end with a b16 head. I DON’T have a “p” “n” “p” either.