NA 2.0L round two and exterior freshen up!

[QUOTE=stoopid_1;2283636]TE37 16x7 +40 offset
The brakes are Wilwood DynaLite 12.2", clearance is tight but I can measure for you tonight if that would help.
You could always look into the 11" kit that FastBrakes sells, im fairly certain, to clear even 15" wheels.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you could that would be great. On jhpusa they say it will clear some 15’s, hoping my rims can work.

Yeah they wouldn’t clear my 15x7 +38 5Zigen FNO1R’s but I’ll get you some measurements either tonight or Saturday.

Sorry to hear about your last motor, had the same exact thing happen to me except that I was able to have a machine shop fix the head and the block for a fair price. I really think from the pics you posted that yours can be fixed also. You should try~n~take it to a machine shop to see if they can fix it for you, trust me I’ve seen way worse and they were still able to get it fixed, you’d be amazed what a great machinest can do. Then you can sell the block and head to me (just kiddin)or keep em’ for back up or for another build. I just have one question for ya: What kind of side skirts are those in your car if you don’t mind me asking ?

Head is toast, it was cheaper and easier to just get a new P72 head from a friend then have to deal with a machine shop fixing or even looking at it. I am still keeping it to see about maybe fixing it someday.

The block is fine just need a hone and new pistons and it would be good to go. I’ve had this B18C ITR block for a bit and having a sleeved 2.0 liter “VTEC” block has been a dream of mine since I first got into imports, so that is why I am going the route I am. If worst comes to worst I have a back up GSR block, sleeved B16 block (for a different project motor), and now this LS (possibly going to sleeve it and build a supercharged set up).

The side skirts are VIS Replica Mugen.

[QUOTE=stoopid_1;2283683]Head is toast, it was cheaper and easier to just get a new P72 head from a friend then have to deal with a machine shop fixing or even looking at it. I am still keeping it to see about maybe fixing it someday.

The block is fine just need a hone and new pistons and it would be good to go. I’ve had this B18C ITR block for a bit and having a sleeved 2.0 liter “VTEC” block has been a dream of mine since I first got into imports, so that is why I am going the route I am. If worst comes to worst I have a back up GSR block, sleeved B16 block (for a different project motor), and now this LS (possibly going to sleeve it and build a supercharged set up).

The side skirts are VIS Replica Mugen.[/QUOTE]

Smart choice, I’d keep the itr block also if it were me. I’d love to get my hands on some mugen sides and I don’t even care if they are the real thing or not as long as they look good and are oem type. Good luck with your build it sure is a one of a kind.

Thanks man! Yeah the “Mugen” sides are a simple add on that I love on a DA :up:

Last picture of the block stamping I took before it was sent off to Benson and then onto Laskey Racing for final assembly.

I figured I would throw a picture up of these as well, even though Ive had them for a while, haha

I started to take out what was left to do on the motor, and get ready to “tuck” a few things and get rid of the bright ass orange bay to help clean it up and be less of an eye sore.

Next on the list is to take out the wiper motor assembly and figure out some sort of solution to the cowling that will make it clean, as well as finish disassembling the interior and then use the dry ice trick to get ride of the “tar” and paint that as well. :slight_smile:

Picked this up last night from a local guy for $50

Didn’t get really anything done this weekend as the weather turned to rain and cold, so I lost motivation. Hopefully I will get some stuff done this week and my block should be back in the next few weeks.

In for pictures of the motor when it gets back… Benson blocks are so purrrrty :wink:

Oh there will be plenty of pictures when parts actually start to come back. :slight_smile:

Things will actually start to come together really quickly after that as far as the motor is concerned.

You mind taking a detailed picture of the surface of the block when you get it back? I also have a benson’s sleeved block that I got rebuilt and I’d like to compare the machining directly from him compared to what I got done locally.

Not a problem man, ill take a bunch of pictures when it actually comes in.

Picked these up last night from a local guy.

Now just need to order the adapter clips and “top hat” converters from Xenocron, all i’ll be in business as far as fuel supply goes.

Hopefully this weekend I can make some headway on the car and I’ll have some update picktures rather then just parts ive been collecting. This weekends project is to get the fuse box moved and clean up some more wiring, as well as get rid of some of the sensors that I don’t need to use or haven’t been using.

2013-01-289517_53_26__zpsdbd7ecd5.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<This guy= Jelous of you guys and your benson blocks. Sounds like a solid build, good luck on your venture :up:

No need to be jealous, I don’t have mine just yet :frowning:
But thanks, that is the plan to have a solid motor that will take some abuse. Hopefully this one makes better power then my last set up too.

After a long search I finally found a seat I like, that fits my large frame, and isn’t stupidly expensive. Ian at 425 Motorsports got this seat in for a different customer, but it didn’t fit in his car. So I went in today and found out that it suits me perfectly in just about everyway. This seat is pretty slick and has removable head “restraints” so I can take them off when on the street and not have to worry about the unwanted Law Enforcement attention for a vision impairment. :up:

(I haven’t picked up the seat yet so this is a picture I pulled from the interwebs for reference. And i’ll get some measurements and pictures of how it fits in the car.)

Tomorrow I will get some more work done and actually get pictures! (Camera battery was dead last time I went to use it :()

Before.

During.

Reward/Beverage of choice while working.

I dont have any finished product yet, because I ran out of time and still need to get some adhesive remover to get the full finished process. The dry ice process was easy but I also didnt get enough to finish the drivers side or all of the passanger side. So far so good, I have to finish and then I can paint it to get the full finished product.

I also need to finish redoing the wiring, which has been a huge pain but because of how much stuff I got rid of.

What exactly were you doing in the trunk with dry ice. im not sure what that just did :stare:

Took out the tar/sound stuff.

If you put dry ice on it, it becomes brittle and you can take it off in large chunks, rather then try to scrape it off with a hammer and chisel and fighting with it to come off. Even with the dry ice it still wasn’t a cake walk, but I am not always patient, it did make it much easier.

The reason I took it out was it, “weight” and I like the look of it better without it better. And it was all cracking and parts of it had become discolored.

Lol Tim you still owe me a ride when I get back down in wa, you still want the fuel pump? Dunno if anyone is gonna buy my kit as a whole so I’m thinking about parti g it out, your build looks solid like usual man keep it up