My project/daly driver...

looks good …you should have came to concord today for the grand opening bbq of one of the shop here in town

looking good! i liked the pink in the 90-91 tails better though but that’s just me…

Pink Lines

Yeah, the white stands out a little too much. But pink is not me, dude. I’m gonna tint the white part a little and clear coat over it. It’ll look better.

I’m a BOOST Addict!

So, I helped my friend boost his BMW 318 IS yesterday. His car bsolutely hauls ass on stock boost, running 12.5 AFR. He gave me his extra turbocharger with blown seals for helping him with the project.:hump: I’m going turbo!!!:excite: Here are some pix of the turbo. Your thoughts, ideas, or any info about this turbo will be appreciated.

Here are the numbers from the turbo:

S/N EJM21774
P/N 466672-9002

Thanx!

what was that stuff called that you put in your tranny??? what did you notice after putting it in? did you just put it down the tranny breather tube?

The stuff is called Syncromesh. It’s a manual tranny lubricant made by Penzoil for GM. My problem was grinding 4th gear. I did some research and came up with Syncromesh. It makes the syncros hook up faster resulting in faster, smoother shifts. It takes a few weeks to work it’s way into the syncros in your tranny though, you will notice a little difference right away and then shifts get easier and easier. I drove it around a bit to get the tranny warm, drained old oil and yes, I filled the trany through the breather.

I heard if you run LSD you have to use the Friction Modified stuff.

Do a search on syncromesh, I got all the info on here. I also have a post in another thread on this. Get back to me if you need more info.

Finally got to painting my wheel caps.

Before:

During:

After:

Ordered tie rod ends last week. Camber kit and tires are next.:rockon:

Pennzoil Syncromesh rocks!! I had a horrendous 3rd gear grind & all the other gears were kinda stiff. After about a week or two I was driving around & suddenly, no grinds! The shifts are now smooth in any gear! I can shift @ 6000 into 3rd! It’s smooth as silk. Royal Purple is awesome too, but more expensive.

I like those BMW caps too. Very sexy! I’m getting some Konigs just as soon as I sell my drumset; & I think I’m going to see if I can find some caps like those for the new rims.

:getsome::manual:

Figure that out!

Tie rods are in. These are the only ones that are greasable!!!

Exhaust

Put on a loud pipe!:rockon: :gotrice: Now it’s too loud, I need to weld in a resonator. My buddy has one laying around.
The whole exhaust will be redone later. This is just temp. because it sounded like shit with the stock pipe.
Ordered S2 camber kit today.

Also, the turbo project is on hold. I can’t use that turbocharger. Looking for another one.

Taillight gaskets came in today!

Installed!! Will have to wait till Friday when I wash my car to find out if they leak. :cross:

Camber kit came in yesterday. One of the ball joint boots was broken.:down::sad:

I emailed the company trying to get a partial refund. I’d like to keep these, because I’m going to replace the boots with polyurethane ones anyway. But I think they’ll just make me return this kit and send me another one.

Also got another turbo today. Zero shaft play, spins freely.

Did a valve lash adjustment today, installed new cam plug, reset the timing the correct way.

Camber Kit

My alternator went out yesterday. Warranty covered it, so I decided to throw on the camber kit and tie rods while pulling the axle. My steering rack is leaking a little, and the boots are torn. Thinking of going to a Civic manual rack.

Also made an appointment at Firestone for lifetime allignment! :slight_smile: Only $130

Firestones lifetime allignment plan FTW. I use mine to the fullest but word to the wise, they will try to feed you a bunch of bullshit. “we cant do it cause of this, that or what ever” some shops are better and give you less of a hassle than other do dont let them pull that shit with you:up:

car is looking good man …what did you pay for the tail light seals?

Yeah, the guys at Firestone are gonna hate me soon. :slight_smile: Adjust this, adjust that, go to the track, come back, lower a little more… But hey the magic words are: “Can I speak to the manager please.”:slight_smile:

Taillight gaskets were like $45 something shipped from http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp
Well worth it!

Radiator blew up.:sad: gonna go with an ebay 1/2 size dual core alluminum one, that will give me a little more room fot my turbo. I don’t like cramped engine bays.

Deleted power steering last weekend! I removed the pump, all the lines, running no breather, open rack and speed sensor for now, after I get the radiator, I’m gonna run a looped set up and a Civic speed sensor.

Got the front alligned too. No more of this /—\ it’s more like this [—]. Here are the numbers::slight_smile:
-0.7 Camber -0.8
3.0 Caster 2.7
0.00 Toe 0.00

nice build man, where did you get that cam plug? i dont feel like searching for it right now. haha.

ebay :up: