My B20B is almost ready!

So you think the only thing I’ll need to do is give the cylinders a fresh hone, check for clearances on teh bearings, and put it together?

youll want the cleck clearances on everything.

if you dont have one already, get a Helms manual. it has step by step procedure to building a motor and checking all clearances. thats what i used for mine, and my motor is doing awesome

yep. what the diet coke of olives just said. :stuck_out_tongue:

seriously though, i took my crank in to a machine shop to have it balanced. they called me about 6 minutes after i dropped it off and said “you can come pick it up, we didn’t have to do anything.”

turns out honda cranks are pretty damn good from the factory already. :up:

diet coke of olives? wtf? moron

one thing i must STRONGLY urge you to do… is take your time

DO NOT rush it. youll end up over looking something.

get ALL NEW GASKETS. i ran into this problem, and had to dick around with a lot of shit.

if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask

AIM = MrSnow99
email = jon@fatkidracing.com

Exactly!

whatever you need to know about a b20 swap ive already done. just let me know. i did the swap back in june 04 damn engine feels good.

Thanks for the help guys. I’ll ask more questions along the way.

just to let you know the b20 steering pump will not fit unless you move the coolant overflow bottle. or take the crank pulley off the b18. other than that it was a peice of cake.

It’s recommended to use the B18A or B crank pulley.

sorry should have been a tad more specific. but yes the b18 a or b pulley will work.

Yeah I’ll just use my stock B18A crank pulley.

you can use all the stuff from your old motor. the only differences are the oil temp sensor was deleted, theres no oil breather on the back, coolant temp was moved to the thermostat housing.

i think thats all. i just barely passed 1000 miles on the break in.