ls turbo vs. gsr turbo

:WERD: the longer stroke in the ls = more tq = WAY better for boost.

plus if you cam the ls with the proper valve train you can get it to rev as high as a gsr.

i agree wit this totally. how would anyone think that head flow doesnt make a big difference. get the vtec setup and ull like it. freind of mine with a stock gsr turbo made over 300@whp and daily driven on 10psi all day long. totally stock.

have to disagree with you on the power aspect. You’re right the “usable power” is the area under the curve, but when it comes to power you want more tq…

think about it this way…
Boosted LS : high tq @ low rpm range = spools faster, get the power quicker
Boosted GSR: high hp @ high rpm = slower spool, lower tq further into the rpm’s, higher hp.
High HP numbers don’t really mean alot when you have to get it to 8k before reaching it…

EG IMO: 300whp/280wtq @ 6000rpm LS > 350whp/ 220wtq @ 8000rmp GSR and I beleive the LS would SPANK the GSR

Don’t get me wrong i’m a VTEC owner (I LOVE 8500rpm) and have been for a while but i also built an LS/VTEC too and the tq that it gave and the Area under the curve made is soo much fun

When it comes to “POWER” tq is key.

I think you should get the gsr and put an ls spec crank in it that way you have the torque of the ls with the high revs of the gsr, kinda like an ls/vtec but just with a gsr block, well thats my 2 cents :burnout:

Sorry, you’re pretty much wrong…

HP = TQ x RPM

The farther you can carry your TQ up in the rev ranges, the more overall power (area under the curve you will have).

LS motor peak out at ~5500 rpm…and then torque falls flat on it face while the VTEC has another 3000rpm left to go while torque stays flat or continues to increase in some cases.

And if you are talking drag racing with the peak #'s you posted LS vs. GSR…the GSR will beat the LS (granted the vehicle weighs the same) and use MUCH less boost to acheive those actual numbers (because of the efficiency of the head).