How many pounds of R-12 does my system use?

Well my shredders are messed up and I had a leak on H block my o ring riped on the hi side and replaced it so now there’s no R-12 in my system so my question would be how
many pounds if R-12 do I need !? Any help thanks.

You will have to get a vacuum pump and pull a deep vacuum on the system. I let mine run for a few hours, shut it off, and left it over night. If in the morning you still have vacuum, your leak is fixed. This is mandatory for your system to work. You can’t just fill it up. Also, if the system was open for more than a few days, you really need to replace your accumulator. As for the info you requested though, the capacity for R12 is 32oz. to 34oz. I believe that R134 is 10% less, double check that though.

Well I ran DRY nitrogen in the system just to check for leaks at 125 psi with some guages and I left it for 10 min and it stays 125 so I plan on leaving it for a week to see if the psi goes down than I will know if I have a leak so I disconnected my compressor so no dry nitrogen will damage and using 134a damage system just being curious ??

I doubt that dry nitrogen would hurt the system. You will still need to get a vacuum pump, and pull a vacuum on it for a few hours to get a deep vacuum. This pulls all the moisture out of the system. You’re AC will not wok if you don’t do this step in the process. Pulling a vacuum will also evacuate the system of any air and now dry nitrogen making room for the refrigerant and making sure that the only thing in the system is the refrigerant, and the refrigerant oils needed to lubricate the system. You really should do a lot of research before you get into this, or just take your car to someone when you’re ready to have it charged.

If you switch to 134a you have to change the oil in the compressor and you must change the acumulator. If you allow the oils to mix they will cause acids to form in the system which is obviously not a good thing. Like what was stated before you need to pull a DEEP vaccum. Not just a gauge reading 29" more like a micron gauge reading 500 microns.