How do you fix something that isnt BROKE? GSR it!!!

Im new here but not new to tuning but to be honest for the longest time I was an EF fan but as of late my obsession for a DA has overwhelmed my life as it has for almost all of us Im hoping to get help and suggestion about my newly found project “Pearl DA” I already have a engine (B18C1) and a head
(B16 PR3-2) but now I am indifferent about where i should go with it. I want to stay era specific so I am thinking about with a P61 ecu and a B17 GSR intake. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

if you want you can do that but if you have to buy an intake and ecu neways you should get an aftermarket intake, and any vtec ecu and tune it will work since it wont run right with any ecu since honda didnt make that combination on any motor ne ways so you will need a tune and p61s go for good money

why wouldn’t it work with a p61 right out of the box please dont say it just wont work give me a technical reason about what elements about the ecu wont work. thank you for the input but with all of the obd1 components i dont see why it wouldnt work …

it will start the car but the fuel map will not be the same that’s it.

b17a = 1.7l & 160hp

b18c1 - 1.8l & 170hp

Cams are different, IM designs are different, header designs are different, different compression ratios… ECU programs are different. And quite frankly if you’re building an engine you’re not going to want to use any stock program, you’re going to want to put the car on a dyno and create a custom program for your exact setup.

[QUOTE=Colin;2035822]b17a = 1.7l & 160hp

b18c1 - 1.8l & 170hp

Cams are different, IM designs are different, header designs are different, different compression ratios… ECU programs are different. And quite frankly if you’re building an engine you’re not going to want to use any stock program, you’re going to want to put the car on a dyno and create a custom program for your exact setup.[/QUOTE]

:werd:
sounds like so many ppl are doing everything but seeing a tuner. even i wanna tune my b20b in my db1. and all i’ve done to it was put a headers and a fpr. and i know i won’t be doing anything else to the motor in the power department, but i just want my b20b to run as best as it can in its current condition. and i wanna increase its life and dependability too.

I want to tell once again that I have a pr3 b16 head on a b18c1 gsr I have an aftermarket blox intake for the b16/type r head. The direction i was wanting to go with my da was stock lookin age appropriate with mild mods so i was lookin for advice on what ecu i should use i understand that remapping is going to need to be done. i was wanting to get other tuners opinions before i went forward with my project. thank yall

If you are chipping and tuning it… P61, P72, P28, etc doesn’t really matter. The P72 would probably be the safest for you to drive to your tuner since at least the block matches the stock fuel map.

I understand “age appropriate mods” but nobody will care what the sticker says on the side of your ecu.

jeez… this man has a PR3 head with a B18C block…there is absolutely nothing wrong in running & using a P61 ecu… do your thing buddy…