Hit and Run

sucks man. dont part out your car though, id keep it. you just need a new tail light, hatch, bumper filler pannel, bumper and to weld in a new quarter panel. i hope they find that bitch.

haha i dont think it would take 1k to fix that shit. Unless you are counting in paint… but turbo would be sweet

wow that some scary stuff man sorry about your car and glad your okay and that sucks about your car because it looked pretty clean. :tsk:

what a bizarre story! glad you and your friend is okay. hope they find him and get justice!

thanks dudes.

Shane i was planning on fixing it and getting the whole thing painted the same color since i think the color is the 2nd best color on g2’s next to black.

Update: I finally got a call back from the detective assigned to the case. Hes been training for the last week and just got back today. I toldem about a silver camry i saw that had damage on the front driving down colfax. I gavem the license plate number and he said he will check into it and he would call me back. I never got a call:tsk:. I will probably keep bothering him for the next week. And if nothing comes up im just going to have to start saving up to fix it, and try to fix it the best that i can for now.

oh by the way i threw another tail light on top of the damage so ive been driving it for the last 2 days. But i noticed that the car seems to lag when im at 3thousand plus rpms as if the a/c is on. Or if you dont know what i mean. It feels like the car has lots of power then the power goes away then comes back as your trying to accelarate. Mostly occurs when im going up a hill.

OK SO THEY CAUGHT THE GUY!!! The license plate number i got after the accident turned out to be the guy. My friend that was with me in the accident was walking to school and saw 3 cops parked in a driveway and a silver camry. He told me where he was and i rushed over there before school started. Sure enough it was the guy. The officer said that the crazy guy tried to say my friend was waving a gun out the window. And also said we hit him before he rear ended us. He admitted to hitting us so i guess thats a good thing. He denied that he had a grenade and the officers couldnt find any grenade. The police officer is suppose to give me a call today and give me the guys insurance info. I still dont know if i should get another g2 or fix this one up.

damn thats a crazy story.

Thats good news man. Now you dilema on to keep it or not is tough, but first you have to wait to see what the insurance wants to do first. If they want to total it out or fix it. If i were you id go to some body shops (some good ones) and get some estimates from them that way the other insurance wont ry to pay less than what the damage cost. Or just have the insurrance meet you at the repair shop that way they wont try to talk you down or not pay you what it actually will take to get it fixed.

Great to hear man!

Yea ill just wait to see what insurance says. The guy lives with his parents like 1/4 of a mile from my school. He looks like hes 40-45. I guess the police have desperatly been looking for him and have looked at a bunch of silver camrys. The police officer said he offered lunch to the first person who finds the guy that hit me. But since i got his license plate number, he doesnt have to buy lunch for anyone lol.

If the maniac has insurance and they pay for your damage, they will declare it a total loss for sure. I had similar damage on my teg a couple of years ago and that’s what happened, and yours looks a bit worse than mine. The good news is that once they declare it a total loss, you can opt to buy it back from the insurance company for extremely cheap. I don’t remember the numbers exactly, but I think that the insurance company gave me ~$4000 for the car and I bought it back for $500. ~$500 later(fixed it myself), the car was fixed and I was driving it again with $3000 in my pocket.
-nino

[QUOTE=Nino;2070624]If the maniac has insurance and they pay for your damage, they will declare it a total loss for sure. I had similar damage on my teg a couple of years ago and that’s what happened, and yours looks a bit worse than mine. The good news is that once they declare it a total loss, you can opt to buy it back from the insurance company for extremely cheap. I don’t remember the numbers exactly, but I think that the insurance company gave me ~$4000 for the car and I bought it back for $500. ~$500 later(fixed it myself), the car was fixed and I was driving it again with $3000 in my pocket.
-nino[/QUOTE]

this is true,

um… ok…

so ive been reading all the replies, trying to find out more details as to HOW this even started. i dont think u were very clear… i know most people here are more concerened and asking about the car than you… :stuck_out_tongue:

so… how did it start?

u were driving… minding your own business… got rear ended by a guy in a camry, he showed u he has a grenade, u drive off and he chased u?

so this was just some random guy that happened to slam into u?

I removed the story for court purposes. you shouldve read the thread sooner… lol

lol who told you to take it down??

No one i just thought it was a good idea. :read:

future law student eh… hahaha

Muhahahah^ Well i want to fix the my car if i get 1500 or more. But if not i will possibly get another g2

theyre going to give you more than 1500 if they total it.
like nino said, theyll prolly compensate you nicely for it, and unless you dont want to drive a car with a “salvaged” title, id say fix it up and have a few extra dollars in your pocket.