fuses blowing

aight wen i try to turn my fog lights on the fuse keeps blowing. and if i hit a bump while my headlights are on my dash light/taillights fuse blows also. can someone help me? thanks in advance

one of your wire is grounded out…probably to the chassis somewhere causing the fuses to blow…which one?? check the last thing you wired or touch before it started to happen…

mine did that when i took off my front bunper…i checked all the wires and it looked good, i later rewired what ever i touched before and hoped that it was the cause…and it was…thank God!!!

HTH…good luck!

what you should try doing is probably bringing a continuity tester with you (one of the ones that beep makes it MUCH easier) and testing for continuity between lots of harness points having to do with your fog lights and/or headlights RIGHT AFTER your fuse blows. Just pull over (obviously in a safe place?) and check it out. Personally I would start testing from the light’s end and wiggle the wires untill you get continuity to the frame (from positive). From there just follow the wire looking for anything that looks sketchy as far as insulation around the wire. Try not to move any main harness points too much, the insulation on the wires can get old and brittle so if you shake them too much you might get a short on new parts of the electrical system. (you may also want to disconnect the battery but it’s probably not necisary because the fuse should have disconnected the system.

Just encountered similar problem. Found out it was one of the wires from the fog light harness right next to the foglight. It had jiggled loose from the clip and was touching metal. Stuck it back in and secured it, now everything’s fine.

Maybe this is your prob?

You have a short somewhere, that’s why your fuses are blowing. Check the wire and connections of the fog lights and headlights.