Fresh Rebuild, Runs but won't Idle...

I normally don’t car C unless it’s a homie and then it’s more an issue of pride then it is business.

I understand completely,
J. :slight_smile:

can i ask where you bought the ITR driveline parts? gearset, LSD, FD, etc
and does the gearset include synchros?

I bought a complete ITR trans from a private seller back in '04 or '05. It ended up having some not so kosher internals so I bought some replacement bits from Honda and then J. worked his magic :slight_smile:

gotcha thanks. just think thats a great idea to make the internals to “personal spec”. be able to get an affordable LSD with prefered gear ratio and FD, and yet be able to hold up and reliable. without having to go complete aftermarket

with “J worked hi magic” is there any mod’s to do with fitting ITR internals into another B series case

[QUOTE=integranewbie;2059733]gotcha thanks. just think thats a great idea to make the internals to “personal spec”. be able to get an affordable LSD with prefered gear ratio and FD, and yet be able to hold up and reliable. without having to go complete aftermarket

with “J worked hi magic” is there any mod’s to do with fitting ITR internals into another B series case[/QUOTE]

He might chime in with some details, but I’ll snap out the quick bullet points

• 92-93 Integra trans (YS1) is the same basic design as the 92+ b series hydro transmission. That means the internals (and some other parts) are interchangeable to some extent.

• In order to fit some of those internals into a YS1 case you need to remove some material from the case

• Removing this material is not a bad thing as it has also been removed from the casting on the hydro transmission cases.

Well, I spoke with the guy who cleaned my injectors and it seems as if he may not be at fault here. I had them cleaned a long time ago thinking this build wasn’t going to be such a drawn out process. According to him they are stuck from storage for about a year w/o being run. He offered to run them again if I ship them back. I’ll probably do that and see what happens. I’d like to be able to recommend this guy as he’s significantly cheaper than RC and so far the customer service has been great - we’ll see what happens.

now those internals wouldn’t go into a 1990 case would they?

No, the 89-91 and 92+ b series transmissions are of a different design and most parts are not interchangeable.

ahhh alright cool appreciate the info :rockon:

Injectors get stuck from not being run? I mean, my CRX sat for 3 years and then started right up. That’s a new one to me. I would give Russ a call at RC and see what he has to say about that one. Not trying to down your man, just doesn’t sound right.

integranewbie… a brand new in box R tanny just sold on the bay last week for 1800, worth the price to me

I knew you would work it out Colin… congrates, and post up some vid when you get it.

I had thought that Russ had past away?

I would like to hear the reasoning behind that theory as well.

i completely understand i just like understand how and why things work and all the different things that can be done if wanted to

good to know though thanks

Dan, the explanation I got from him was not that it was necessarily the sitting itself, but the manner in which they sat. Here’s what he said:

“Those injectors were serviced last September. Before returning the injectors, I flush them with a paraffin based oil to protect them during /short term/ storage. More than likely, they are now simply stuck from sitting for almost a year without being run.”

I’m guessing that if they are stored in a car they are basically being lubricated with fuel. Possibly that paraffin oil he mentioned doesn’t do so well in the long term :shrug:

Schu, thanks! It’s been a long time coming, and there’s still a lot to be done. I’m trying to get as much finished on the car tonight since tomorrow afternoon is my surgery and after that I’m not gonna be doing anymore wrenching for quite some time :frowning:

I agree about that trans, definitely worth it. You can easily spend $1200 to rebuild your stock YS1 and that won’t get you a different final drive or a limited slip.

Colin,
I hope everything works out - okay - with your surgery.
Make sure you get plenty of rest.
I wounder if your doctor will provide you with ENDOCET 10-325, along with some OXYCONTIN 15’s.
You should allways rest after any surgery and don’t masterbate for a while, okay.
Peace…

haha. They were going to prescribe vicodin but that’s way too weak for me. So I’m gonna get percocet, although I was hoping I could get something stronger. I don’t think the pain will be that bad, but I’m sure a few of my friends wouldn’t mind kicking down a couple bucks for my extras :wink: Time to start slangin’!

Well good for yea.
Endocet is the same as percocet, yea know.
Say, if you need something pled with your doc.

[QUOTE=Schu;2059914]

I had thought that Russ had past away?[/QUOTE]

Boy, that sucks. Didn’t realize.

So then if you had run some solvent through them(toluene or xylene) they might have worked fine?

That makes sense, but clearly I don’t know enough about injectors. I wonder if I could just soak them in gasoline for a couple weeks. Not like I’m gonna be able to drive the car in that period anyway.