DIY full lip kit for $55: pics inside

I picked up a full lip kit from rollinmyda for $55. It took some work but It went on in about 10 hours.

NOT A FOR SALE THREAD!

The kit included:

92-93 DA stock front lip-$20
uncut DC side skirts-$25
first gen integra front lip for the rear-$10

Here is the kit laid out in my garage:

The front lip went on fairly easily being a stock lip, but it was a PITA to get the bumper on corectly by myself. It pays to have friends that live close to you.

The side skirts took some hacking but I took my time and had some fun with the jigsaw. I layed down a nice tape line on the top of the skirts and had to cut off the underside to get it to fit on the rocker panel. Here are a few pictures of the process.

After I got the skirts hacked up I jacked up the car to do some test fitting for the driver side.

I screwed them directly into the underside of the car and it held on really well.

I had to take them off a few times and sand down the high spots. but I was happy with the final fit.

The whole DC skirt project took about 6 hours to cut, sand, paint, and install.

Next came the rear lip from a first generation integra front lip. There is another member here from Florida (VI Massive) that gave me this idea and I love it! What a great idea for only $10 and 2 hours!

I used a dremel to hack it up and I think it turned out quite nicely.

I cut off the end caps so I could fit it snug to the mudflap. I had to cut the area around the exhaust and shaped it with a dremel sander.
Instead of using a heat gun to mold the corner, I cut a notch on the inside brace to make it a little more flexible.

Here is the final product. Let me know what you think.

Thank you rollinmyda and VI Massive for the parts and the ideas!!

To my complete surprise, I took best in show for the Norcal DA vs. EF meet. I think the lip kit sealed the deal for the judges at the meet today. Well… and the fact that the red DA left… Trust me, he would have taken the cake if he had stayed.:slight_smile:

not bad, considering they are all junk yard parts.
Im pretty sure you can have got it for cheaper.
The rear lip is too squard in my opinion, other then that, it looks good.

-Karlo

edit: The 4th picture from the bottom(full side view of the car)
you can see how the front and rear bumpers/lip sit a lot higher then the sides(sideskirt) of the car, i think that looks awful. Doing anything to fix that? The rear isnt bad sitting higher then the side, but the front doesnt look too great.

The sides came out nice but i’m not really liking the rear. Should of used the 89 teg lip on the front bumper

I think it looks sick! Congratulations on best in show. I wasn’t kidding when I said your car was one of the cleanest I’ve ever seen. Definately an improvement though. Do you have any closer pics of where the sideskirts meet up to the mudflaps?

looks very nice, i would like to find me a rear lip and a set of dc sides…

very nice man u cant beat it for 55 dollars and it looks good. ill would do a diff front lip thou just my .02

Unfortunately I dont think there is anything I can do about the height of the sides except extend the front/rear to match. If I put the rear any lower it would look worse and the sides cant go any higher bcause they are already at the bottom of doors.

For the front I would like to go with something a little lower and aggresive looking but I can’t afford a JDP lip. I followed the path of VI massive minus the front lip because I don’t have that kind of cash right now and I would be terribly afraid that it would get ripped of on the freeway by debris.

Thank you to everyone for your comments. It’s nice to hear some different opinions.

I will try and get some of those pictures put up tonight, but I still have some sanding to do to get the side skirts looking nice.

Thank you again for the parts!

i agree with hb420…u should of used the 89 lip for the front instead. it looks very similar to the JDP Integra OE1 Front lip. but on the positive side…love the sides!!!

[QUOTE=datroup;2064456]For the front I would like to go with something a little lower and aggresive looking but I can’t afford a JDP lip. I followed the path of VI massive minus the front lip because I don’t have that kind of cash right now and I would be terribly afraid that it would get ripped of on the freeway by debris.
[/QUOTE]

yeah…IMO, using the 89 front lip for the front would make it look more lower & more aggresive

The car looks really nice…Reminds me of my car. :smiley:

did you cut the mudguards in any way??

nope.

Just took them off to clean them and then reinstalled them.

Thank you for the inspiration! :bowdown:

o ok so it was just bolt on??

The front lip was complete bolt on but the rear and the sides required some cutting before I could screw it into the underside of the car.

Dude, you should use Image Shack instead of photobucket…stupid bandwidth limitations.

Would you mind emailing those pics to me, alramirez@tams.com

I’m wanting to do the full lip work, too.

if posible can u send me some pics too specially of the lip u used for the rear nokturnal1@att.net thanks

looks like you moved the pictures to another folder, time to repost all the pictures lol. PLEASE :angel:

Sorry, I moved the pictures.

All the links are fixed : )

Hay datroup. I remember you from the DA EF meet. Nice to see you on here. I don’t know if you remember me but you might remember my car. I ditched the 17"