DC side skirts on a 4 door...

This is good news! Allready found them locally for 50 dollas. Have them tomorrow, install them Sat morn. This pleases me greatly :rockon:

Let me know how it goes (and what process you use to install them) and remember… take lots of pics!! lol

Are you going to paint match them? I think they look good black, but I can picture it paint matched on your car since you have shaved your mouldings. Good luck bro :up:

Well, the lip is still semi flat, so until I get the lip colormatched, the sides will stay black. I still need to find something for the rear bumper too. So until I have a complete set, they will all stay black. Plus the lip spends a lot of time skidding on the ground, so touchup is real easy with rattlecan :giggle:

I wish my camera was up and working or Id take pix when I do the install, but I cant. Ive install other OEM sides on other cars, and its basically just trimming with a blade or whatever works best for you till the match is close, then securing it down. Ill see ifn I can wrastle up a camera thought:)

Cool! Good luck with it! I’m sure it will be easy… I just haven’t had enough time!

About the rear, I wanna find someone willing to give me a 94-97 Accord rear lip to see if that fits on our DB1 rear bumper. I don’t want to spend anymore then I have to on my beater. I think it should match up nicely if it works!

Matter of a fact I just took a measurement off of one. I think itll worky. I called the same yard to see if they had one…waiting to hear back. If I have good news, Ill post it. The coolest thing about it is its 3 pieces!!

Well I just realized that I also have to pay my cell phone bill when I get paid monday, so I’m going to email da9b16, and tell him I won’t be picking up the skirts. So if anyone else wants them, there ya go…

OK, so are you guys telling me that 94-97 rears will work for our cars?
Shit!!! I got an Accord too, I’m goona check it out before I sell that hunk of junk…

And Yes, I was referring to the 92-95 Civic Hatch backs, their aftermarket side skirts are perfect.
Sorry I got no pic of it though, because my nephew wanted them back to put on his car.

94-97 Accord rear lip

NOPE. Not a perfect fit, but it does come close though. Maybe a little dremel work and you can do it, but still it needs a little modding, maybe molding too… I’m not willing to go through all that to use them though…

NOPE. Not a perfect fit, but it does come close though. Maybe a little dremel work and you can do it, but still it needs a little modding, maybe molding too… I’m not willing to go through all that to use them though…

I agree. I managed to actually get an Accord rear lip earlier this year and they aren’t a perfect fit. IIRC, they were too long and the curve/bend in it wasn’t tight enough. You’ll definately have to cut some of the length off and somehow trim it to get the curve to bend a little more. A guy I know with a DA was bugging me to trade some parts for the lip so I gave in. No rear lip now.

ok well i guess the hatchback has a long sideskirt or the db1 isnt as long as i thought…

what do you think about these??? :dance:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7993598442&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4569330211&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

i do think the black widow for the integra is too drastic, also the skirts for civic hb almost a lil out there for me also. but anything to cover that messed up part of the sideskirt. :bow:

Well never heard back from the yard. Sometimes they wont separate “a complete unit”. I have no problem modding the rear lip though if its avaiable. Small price to pay to match up with the rest of the car. Something sharp and a heatgun and mabie a little Captin and Im golden. Ultimatly Id like a 92-93 rear bumper anyway, but thats way out of my range and not something you cross paths with very often.

Yea, I don’t mind modding it a bit either. I’ve got the dremel, the heat gun and a good imagination. I can likely make it work. If not… no biggie.

Another thing I was thinking about, was modding the stock front lip. I coulda swore I saw a member on here who took 2 stock lips (I think it was a 92-93 front) and stacked one on top of the other and make the front lip a little lower (which I think would match up better with the DC sides now that I’ve had a look at em on my car). It was a black teg with Mugen MR5 rims (black with a polished lip). Anyone got any ideas or input on that one?

Sideskirt

That pic of the Black Widow side skirt on Ebay is not a black widow…
That’s actually an Extreme or M3 skirt…It doesnt matter which name you call it, it’s still the same one…

Also, Is my rear different from ya’lls? I got a 92’…

I actually got some free time this weekend and I finished up the 2nd side skirt and installed them on my DB1. I remembered to take pics along the way, so here ya go :up:

First off, I ran a piece of masking tape along the top lip of the skirt to give myself a line to cut along.

Then I just slowly cut along the tape line with a dremel fiberglass re-inforced cutting wheel.

You also have to cut off the brackets from the inside. You can see 2 of these brackets below.

I then flipped it over and ran a tape line along the bottom of the skirt (it’s too long that way). In this pic I cut it a little short. I cut the other skirt perfect. Best place is about a 3/4 inch AFTER the stock screw holes (instead of right acros them like the pic).

Here’s what it looks like when it’s done and sanded smooth. Like I said, leave a little more then I did in this one (it still works… but about 3/4" longer is perfect!)

Here’s what the other side looks like. This is the BEST way to cut it. This fit perfectly!! You can also see the screws I pre-drilled into the skirt to make it easy to install under the car.

We then jack the car up and screwed it into the rocker panel with 3/4" stainless steel self tapping screws. I put a screw where every stock screw hole was, but I put it right through the skirt (not through the hole).

Here’s what the first finished side looked like… perfect fit. Just repeated the same process on the passenger side.

Here’s the finished product. I think it looks great! :up: It lines up a LOT better then I thought it would with the front lip. It’s perfect. It needs a rear lip badly though. Thanks for looking! I hope this helps some people out!!!

looks good

so how much are you selling for plus shipping

Sweet dude, Looking good :up:

Nice writeup! Exactaly how I did mine!

ARCHIVE THIS!

:bump:

I thought more people might want to have a look at this…

I DO, do you know how ‘calm’ that will look w/ a fresh paint job. whats your pricing on them, i should b able to get it this weekend