DC side skirts on a 4 door...

Wow, there’s quite a bit of demand for some pictures, eh?

I’ll try to snap some quick pics on my lunch break, but no guarantees.

well der, you teased a group of sedan owners who want some kind of sideskirts that’ll look good on the car. you need to get some pics before an angry mob of db1 owners storm your place of work with torches and pitchforks, :giggle:

I’d welcome them all with a case of cold beer and we’d hopefully be able to come up with a clean and easy way to install these on my car! I wish I had more time. I have holes cut in my car (cutting out the cancer) waiting to be patched and filled and plenty of other work to do. I just don’t have the time these days. I work too much…

Here’s some very quick snap shots of what it will look like. Please excuse the droop in the middle as it is only held up with masking tape inside each wheel well. As you may also see, I’m slowly working on the body, so also excuse the primer spots and overspray on the winter tires lol

Here’s a side view, I love how this is going to look!! :up:

Perfect fit. Not too bad for free!! The length is dead on.

Here you can see what was cut off. On the left is the stock DC side skirt. The one on the right is trimmed and ready to mount.

Here’s a better look at the brackets and lip that was cut off and what it looks like after. The whole process took about 15 minutes with a dremel and a fiberglass reinforced cutting wheel.

Another side by side comparison… stock on top, cut and fitted on the bottom.

There, I hope that satisfies most of you for now. I don’t know when I’ll get a chance to cut the other side or mount them. I need to buy more cutting wheels, some screws, a tube of urethane and a flat of beer and find a free Sunday afternoon to get to work. Like I said, G2IC will be the first to know once they’re mounted and I’ll take lots of pictures along the way!! :up:

I’m sure that if you were to get an oem fit-n-finish, then made a mold of the modified skirts, there would be many db owners awaiting the product. I know I would

It’s really not all that hard to modify the OEM ones. Took me like 15 minutes for 1. I just layed down a piece of masking tape to give me a line to follow and went at it with the dremel. I also had to cut the brackets off on the inside. I then sanded the rough edge down with 80 grit and then quickly with 320.

If I paid for the skirts it wouldn’t have been so easy, but where they were free… I just hacked away. I wasen’t worried at all… and it turned out great. I would definitely recommed this to anyone who can get the skirts cheap or, even better, for free!! :up:

I mocked a pair of these up last year and never installed them. They are trimmed and ready for install but I don’t have a 4dr anymore. If anyone wants them make me an offer. Mine are from my old 95 4dr GSR… I WILL ship them.

Did you do it any differently then mine? I had nothing to go by, so I just cut. I could have left more of a lip… or even less. I just went with a happy medium.

Any other tips you could give me from your experience?

hey Da9b16 I’ll give you 50 bucks for them. :shrug: let me know wick300@hotmail.com

If he don’t want them i’ll take them.

i think if he sells those he may be crazy… :dance: but hey im crazy too…wana sell em :cross:

he’s sellin cause he don;t got a 4 door no more.

and get in line, 1da got first dibs, im after him :slight_smile:

Well this thread was not meant to be a for sale thread and if you ARE REALLY INTERESTED, email me da9b16@yahoo.com. I think sleeper is right though, 1da has dibs and then him… I want 65.00 though plus shipping. That is NOT unfair and I am not gonna charge more than ACTUAL shipping costs. I shipped some kamanari skirts out last year for a 4dr and it was like 65.00 with ups ground. So 130.00 shipped…is not bad for some skirts. But if I can get the shipping cheaper I will refund the difference. I am not trying to make money for shipping just sell my stuff.

Sorry we turned turned this thread into this…but SleeperSedan there yours if you want them.

:dance: :hyper: You git mail dab16 x2

ooooo…im not knocking the hustle man, but if he falls thru, ill pick up where he left off. just let me know.
my email is platnum960@yahoo.com

Why are you guys fighting over stock side skirts?

Just get some ABS plastic 92-95 Civic HB mugen wanna sides off of EBAY. 100 shipped.

They are a perfect fit for our 4 drs.

Noone is fighting, it’s just I’m already involved with a business transaction with da9b16, so it only made sense I have him send these to me too. Besides, who wants cheesy wanna be replicas when you can get oem gs-r’s?

integra hot, this deal is pretty much sealed, but you never know what could happen. I’ll let you know if I don’t get the skirts.

dats cool man im never a hater im always a congratulator…im :werd:

thanks for the info im bout to go get some of those i didnt know that the civic would work. do you have pics of those on a db1??

im lookin on ebay right now and they look absolutely too short are you sure that you arent talking about the 92-95 sedan??