Dash push bottons dont light up

Alrighty well my intermittent wipers are working and so is my rear defrost. What I ended up doing is replacing my #1 fuse, or maybe it was #2. Anyways, that turned my gauges back on but still no dash lights. The fuses you told me to check, #33 and #16 were both ok. I havent done anything yet about my antenna wires but ill wrap it up in elec tape so that it doesnt cause me any future probs. Well im off now to pick up my new bumper lights now but ill check my molex again when i get home.

Let us know which circuits in the schematic attached do NOT work. From there, we should be able to get to the bottom of this one. Take a good long look at the diagram and try to make sense of how it applies to your situation.

HTH

Andrew.
aka neex.
:wink:

neex

For this picture, when you say do not ground the red/black wire, and to use a meter instead, what setting should i put my meter on and where to put my negative and positive prob. You were talkin about frying multimeters if you do the wrong thing so i supposed it’d be best for you to tell me what to do. lol

just a little add-on about the whole test light thing some may get a “kick” out of… a shop I knew had their installer working on a brand new cooper S, and used an analog meter to probe looking for the speaker wire. Hit the bag wire and WHOOMP!!! took out every bag in the thing (steering wheel, pass, side curtains) - ended up costing just shy on 10G’s to get it back to normal.
OUCH

ouuuchhhh…thats gotta suck the big 1. Loose his job?

neex, you still around? Im too scared to fry my multimeter! If you could just tell me what setting to put my meter on and where to put the probes, I could let you know a bit more about whats goin on

how did u get the buttons to light up amber?