custom taillights?

two more things…

the taillights i have now are obviously stock so is there a different color that you guys used to put over the stock color or is it the same color?

also, for the clear part… lol… what did you do? just clean it up? or did u spray a different paint in there like chrome or something? thanks

-Chad-

we both bought aftermarket clear tails and painted those

Chad -

I think/would assume that you’ll be fine using any type of red transparent spary paint overtop of the stock red color. I personally have never done any type of painting on stock tail lights; the ones I paint have always been clear so I’ve never had to deal with any already on there color.

As for the clear part, that, I would say search. Some people spray, others I’ve read have used aluminum foil, others just leave it as is. That is personal preference I guess. Since they don’t make clear 4dr tail lights (from what I’ve read), I guess you’ll just have to use stock ones or custom fit something else…? But if you do come across a set of clears that you can use, you can just leave the backing as is, unless you want to do something different.

Best of luck

– Kevin

alright thanks alot guys

-Chad-

yep… they never made 4dr tail lights. Only for 2drs. I rather do the prelude tail light conversion.

what is that rear lip? where can you get one. i have been looking for a long time for just a lip and not a full rear bumper.

OEM Rear lip. it’s pretty hard to find so I’d get the ITR style rrear lip if iw ere you. looks pretty good too.

where can you get the ITR style rear lip from?

I’ll get a pic and link for you soon. check back later today here

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5070&stc=1

90-91 ABS Dynamics Type R lip www.rev-auto.com

ok i guess i should have said that i have a 92-93.

Ohh. the OEM lip only came on 90-91. and I’m not sure if they have developed a lip yet for 92-93… Could always convert bumpers? anwaysy I’s went off topic enough on this guys thread. email me if you need anymroe help otherwise. goodluck :slight_smile:

Hey, I know this has been covered before, but how do you guys paint the tails? Do you take them apart or paint the outside. I would think that you take them apart, but I just wanted to make sure. And what color blue is that cause that is one sick da. I have aftermarket tails now, but I wanted to get clear ones and make them red on the bottom.

paint the outside :up:

Blackknight -

Which blue DA are you talking about?..One in the pics in the post? Mine?.. :wink: jw…

– Kevin

thanks bro :up:

tchleung and kevin’s. I was mainly talking about tchleung’s though. I like how both of your taillights look. I have the euro one’s that are red and clear, but the top is euro clear instead of like stock. I want to get clears and paint them red. Mine are still fine so right now I don’t have money to waste on more taillights.

my car was the same blue as yours kevin. just painted :dance: I still miss the blue sometimes.

Yah I was jw which blue you liked. Both my tegs have been that blue (Captiva Blue Pearl, B62P). And my old Civic was … ah what was it exactly…B95P?..The electron blue on 99-00 Civic SIs. Guess I just like blue :slight_smile:

And yah the only reason I made new tail lights was because I messed up the old ones, otherwise I would have still had that first set of them.

– Kevin

Paint the otuside :slight_smile: the bring it to a shop and ahve them put clear coat on them if you want. don’t use the clearcoat in a can. that stuff is no good from my previous experiences atleast hehe.