car is idling at 3000-3500

theres another video of me trying to get the hissing sound on camera.

have you checked to see if the butterfly on the throttle body is fully closed? remove the intake arm to check. if it’s not, then that diaphragm that is connected to the tb or your throttle cable may be too tight? i have messed up my cable in the past while working on the alt. can’t hear that hissing sound…

thats what i was thinking… i checked that out… i loosened it all the way and tightened it all the way… i just tried to find a perfect setting… nothing worked…

but see the thing is that it starts out normal and after driving around for a little while it starts its issue…

but i burnt out my clutch today trying to keep the idle down… i would keep it in first and have my foot on the break and ease off the clutch just enough to get the revs down and didnt realize what i was doing till i popped the hood and saw a ridiculous amount of smoke coming from the tranny area…

it smoked for a good 5-10 minutes… just constant… and it stunk really bad…

so you saw the actual butterfly and saw that it is fully closed? like i said, that diaphragm (sp?) can mess with the idle. hope you get that clutch sorted out :frowning:

i just had one of my friends come by and he loosened some stuff on the throttle body and changed some hoses and unplugged some stuff and recharged my flux capacitor…

the idle issue SEEMS to be fixed now…

Glad you got it fixed man, sounded like a crazy problem.

in a sorta related question…does anyone know where the throttle body sensor is, how much it costs as a part, and how much of a bitch is it to fix?

seen a guy selling a DA real cheap, this is listed as one of the few problems with it. I am a nooob at this…thanks

[QUOTE=Lugh;2072128]Glad you got it fixed man, sounded like a crazy problem.

in a sorta related question…does anyone know where the throttle body sensor is, how much it costs as a part, and how much of a bitch is it to fix?

seen a guy selling a DA real cheap, this is listed as one of the few problems with it. I am a nooob at this…thanks[/QUOTE]

if your talking about your tps then its a little black thing on the back of your throttle body…

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/Throttle_body.jpg

if you look for that, then its the black thing on the back. it should have a hose and a plug in it

thanks much…I think thats it, parts like $60 oem so not too bad…:slight_smile:

blox also sells one which allows you to adjust it it comes with screws instead of rivet like fasteners on the oem one. Most likely you’ll have to adjust it when you put the new one in you can find out how to do that by searching sorry i don’t remember how to of hand.

well… if you go on ebay and find a blox brand one… im pretty sure its way cheaper than that…

thanks…I was trying to see if it was worth buying a DA dead cheap, and that was one of the things they said was wrong with it…but the guy never phoned me back :shrug:

i would most definitely advise you to invest in a DA…

=]

update…

so i cleaned the tps with carb cleaner and an air can…

its shiny now. i put it on with new hoses and everything and when i started the car it sat at 2000 then when the car warmed it started doing the usual idle, bouncing between 1000 and 1500.

i got a new blox tps and im gnna put that in and hope for the best but when i researched how to get the old tps i found out how much of an issue its going to be.

anyone kno any easy ways to get the tps off?

ok. the old idle issue i had before is gone. now i have a new one.

the car is idling at 1500-2000 with a partially calibrated tps.

im getting frustrated with this idle thing. what else can it be?

when i turn on the car in the morning it starts at 2000 then when it warms up it drops to 1500. then after driving around all day it idles at 2000…

is it my fast idle valve or w/e?

have you messed with the idle adjusting screw?
tighten it all the way and see if that helps.

if not, there might be a leak somewhere near your throttle body or passed that towards the manifold. Also check with your iacv, that might need some cleaning.

-karlo

[QUOTE=iRockTheDA9;2090088]have you messed with the idle adjusting screw?
tighten it all the way and see if that helps.

if not, there might be a leak somewhere near your throttle body or passed that towards the manifold. Also check with your iacv, that might need some cleaning.

-karlo[/QUOTE]

the screw is as tight s it can get and i cleaned the iacv not to long ago.

there is a hissing sound under my hood somewhere. no one can find. an entire bottle of carb cleaner was used and it cant be found…

well, that “hissing” sound is most likely your problem, you checked every hose, pulled out your intake tube and looked at the throttle body, etc?

we checked all the hoses and replaced a lot of the rock solid hoses and changed the hose clamps to the ones with screws on them. like the ones you use for the coupler on your intake.

and i adjusted the tb so that its all the way closed. before i adjusted it, it was stuck open a little by some grime in there.

dang, that sucks… cant really say much else if you done all that.
maybe the car will heal itself… lol

lmao thanks…