BobLoblaw's Build Blog

that motor is sooo cleannn. nice build man :up:

That engine bay was looking pretty nice earlier! Can’t wait to hear it run! :rockon::manual:

The motor is finally in!

Now i just need to finish my wiring, get all the misc parts back on, and get my datalogging ready. Should be ready to tune within a couple weeks :slight_smile:

Bays looking good with the motor in, i take it your breaking it in with out the turbo, or was that just a teaser a few pages back

turbo teaser?

I’m not planning on boosting. Maybe some low PSI on E85 at some point, but no plans for that now.

damn got me all excited to be let down. :argh: its cool though all motor is the way

Depending on your tuning choice you should throw some juice on top of this. Ive been following your build because mine is similar im just waiting for the rods to come back from my buddys shop with the arps in so i can put the pistons on them and slap it together and tune it. im running the S300 witch has 3 aux controls and im going to run Nos on top. As well Ectune has the 3 aux features. crome doesn’t maybe crome pro does but i have never owned that program. same as neptune i have never owned it nore tuned it. Good luck.

almost there:rockon:

I figured it was time for an update…

Still haven’t tried cranking it, but it’s about ready to go. Took care of lots of little things…

Exhaust is all installed - had to piece together an old cat and some spacers to get my 90-91 header to fit
Creature comforts all hooked back up
wiring complete (still need to come back and remove all the pointless ABS leftovers, mainly relays)
Wideband/gauge wired and tested
bent front LCA swapped out
front camber kit installed
New TPS installed and set
new bushings - shifter and radius arms
tie rod boots
etc, etc, etc…that little shit adds up!

Now I’m waiting to getting tuning plans ready before starting it. I got my datalogging all setup using Innovate’s LogWorks paired with the output from my Crome-chipped ECU. However I made these plans two years ago and it seems like nobody in the area will tune Crome anymore. Still waiting to hear back from one guy, but starting to weigh my options.

I may tune it myself on Crome. I’m a little hesitant though as I’ve never tuned before and don’t want to make a deadly mistake with this motor. I’m pretty confident I could do it well, but it’s definitely a risk. Otherwise i might end up jumping on the bandwagon and getting a S300 so I can take it to a good shop. we’ll see…hoping to get this figured out and get it started soon!

Im sure youll get the whole matching up air fuel figgures between the 2 programs:up:

if not I vote for the S300 bandwagon:rockon:

reason why your haveing trouble finding a crome tuner is because its outdated. John Cui isnt really developing the software anymore and with the EcTune come up it pretty much killed crome. I have an S300 in my car its ok but a bit over priced imo. I just got my EcTune tuner license a couple months ago and its a great program with features that s300 doesn’t have and i can tune someones car for less then the cost of a s300 unit + chipping + Dyno time. I encourage you to learn your self its not like this stuff is top secret. but if you fill you dont wanna mess with it then have some one professionally tune it.

Wow I didn’t realize it’s been so long since I’ve been on here… I decided I’m going to go with Hondata.

I borrowed a S300 from a friend to start on. We did a rough basemap and got it started…woohoo!! Didn’t have any mechanical issues and it warmed up to operating temp without issue. It was idling like crap, but I’m sure it just needs a little tuning.

It’s been so damn cold here it’s not much of a priority now. But I’ll be picking up a S300 and getting this baby tuned before spring. I’ll post up charts once i get it on the dyno :rockon:

:up:

Before spring? I cant wait that long… I want to see how much power shes pushing now! :slight_smile:

:lol: cant wait to see this bitch tunned :rockon:

haha well i guess i didn’t make it before spring…but soooo close now! she had a nice little growl to her - can’t wait to hear what it sounds like tuned.

Edit your links too!

giterdunnn!

Today’s the day we find out if all this work is gonna pay out :naughty: