Best Header for everyday driving

Who can point me in a direction for a kamakazi. I was saving for a toda, but $900 is alot for a exaust manifold. BTW. Does anybody know if I put a jdm front clip on my car (RHD conversion), will the jackson racing supercharger for the ITR fit on the B16?

Would you take the kamikaze over say DC or Mugen?

i’ve heard alot about megan headers off ebay, there are alot of guys on this site that say they are good quality, and are much cheaper than say a dc, does anyone else have any bad comments on these headers, or more information?

I love my Mugen 4-1 i din’t even have to notch the crossmember for it to fit. Got to love the O.E.M quality fit.

kamakaze is not good unless your car is s/c’d or has n.o.s. if you are staying n/a kama is junk. if you are on a budget, buy a meagan 4-2-1 off of ebay. its a dc 4-2-1 copy, has wicked ground clearance, is ss and its about $99 bux. 4-1 is shit for the simple fact that they sit too flippin’ low. lastly, when designed properly, 4-2-1 makes more power than 4-1. i’ve said this forever and most people don’t believe me, but, its a fact. i’ll wait for a few responses before i slam the evidence in the faces of all of the doubters.

please show me proof, not doubting you, but I have to see this. :hmm:

i’ll bring the fire, but, i need a few more people to respond. i want to hear from the people that KNOW that i’m wrong. i’ll give it a few more days. for now, sit back and enjoy the :corn:

I could not find a 4-2-1 Mugen Header on Ebay for 91 Teg!
Am I missing something? Besides my brain?
LOL

nas-T-nos, what 4-2-1 header would you then suggest, that makes more than a 4-1 header, i am curious? and also i cant wait for the evidence!

it depends on your budget. if you want max hp & tq thru the entire powerband, you are going to have to spend money. end of story. look at it this way, dc sports used to have a racing team with some yellow, blue and white gsr’s. they made decent power and they all used the gsr spec 4-2-1, because they had not manufacutred the j spec 4-1 w/2.5" collector at that time. do you really think that the 4-1 is that much better than the 4-2-1 when the only real difference is slightly bigger piping and a 2.5" collector? you’d be amazed how close these 2 headers perform with 2.5" collectors. if you do some research, you’ll notice that people using the edelbrock 4-2-1 made 3-4wtq more than the dc jdm 4-1 thru the entire powerband by simply replacing the standard 2" collector and replacing it with a 2.5" collector. its simple math. the only QUALITY off the shelf header that can support 210whp or so is the Toda, which is…thank you. think about it…dtr 4-2-1, sms 4-2-1, hytech 4-2-1. are you seeing the trend here? the most power producing headers currently being made are all, pretty much 4-2-1. with the exception of an-r/bisi/ericks which are all the same piece. i’ll post the link this weekend.

thre are some no ebay
search harder

Toda makes a 4-1, and a 4-2-1, Jun makes a 4-2-1, and a 4-1, Apex does likewise. 4-1 = top end slight loss in bottom end, and 4-2-1 = throughout the power band.