Best Header for everyday driving

I’m thinking he means the best price : performance ratio :up:

As in the pricerange.

I was always under the impression that Airmass is a division of Holley.

will a car with a header sound any different rather than one with a stock header? cai being involved to?

Straight from the words of airmass. They told me airmass gets DC’s messups and repairs them and slaps their tag on it and boxes it up.

I will eventually probably do:
cai
exhaust
pullies
cams
clutch
Supercharger
etc.

I will proably do the header first to get that out of the way since the oil leak is somewhere down around there.

I was looking for more lower end power/torque.

what about the kamikazi 4-1 headers? does anyone know if those are any good for power and tourqe?

supercharger’s dont fit on our teggys without extreme modification (i.e. the firewall has to be cut up some and the brake booster/master cylinder is in the way. better to just go with turbo its cheaper and makes better power imo

i say modify the fire wall and do the supercharger, its better power and tourqe at the low end and equal or somtimes more power topend, i doubt you would me disapointed :up:

if you really want to go supercharger i would suggest removing the PS and putting in a vortech,paxton, or procharger in otherwords a centrifugal style it would be the easiest way to do it

it does superchargers are a joke especially for the price u could possibly peice to gether a kit that can make easy over 250@whp wit tuning. GL with that on a stock motor supercharged :sleep:

it does superchargers are a joke especially for the price u could possibly peice to gether a kit that can make easy over 250@whp wit tuning. GL with that on a stock supercharger

:wtf: stock supercharger huh how is a supercharger stock on our cars???

:rofl:

hey i have a question, i have a bomz sri, that i am making into a ram air setup, 2.25 custom piping from the cat back to a flowmaster 40 series muffler and 4 inch tip, what would be better for me to do next performance wise, a carsound high-flow cat, or a header, also when i get a header should i go with 4-2-1 or 4-1, this car is a daily driver and after these mods i probably wont do to much else for awhile.

thanks in advance

i would go with the header next 4-1’s would generally be called better but they are some what harder to find but either one would work since you said its for a daily driver i would probably say get a decent 421 like a dc

any specific reasons why header befroe cat?(the only reason i am asking is because the cat is cheaper :slight_smile: )

I was joking about the supercharger.

Are the headers on ebay any good? Are they legit? Does anyone know?

Yea, the DC sports, not the DC-s (DC style).

How about these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7944178370&category=33631

Let me know if this is a good deal?
Thanks.

im sick of the itr 4-1 type of header…ground clearance sucks A$$. id trade it for a kamikaze anyday.

forget about torq, it’s non existant in a small displacement engine. just get all the horsepower that you can up top.

i used to be under the impression that b18a/b torq was superior until i drove one. It felt nearly the same on low end stock ls vs stock gsr. The gear ratios balance it out. Conclusion - neither has a lot of torq.

It’s real, and at a decent deal. Can be found cheaper with patients on e-bay.