Are our cars easy to steal?

Anyone else reading this thread think it’s a good idea to publicize how easy it is to steal our cars, and how to do so? Or is it just me?

Basically just do what you gotta do to lock your ride up ! Get a alarm, club, or auto lock or all 3 and use them all together. Garage it ! Garage it with the alarm on and all 3 previously mentioned. What ever it takes !

The only thing left for them to do is vandalize your ride right ? Can’t win can we ?

Anyone else reading this thread think it’s a good idea to publicize how easy it is to steal our cars, and how to do so? Or is it just me?

X2
I was hoping the thread would get locked immediately after the first post.

when my brother’s db1 was broken into, they only took the deck and locked the doors like nothing happened… no broken handle or smashed window… not a scratch… thieves can learn from whoever this guy was…

Looks like I answered my question in my first post :umno: My parking spot is in a dark alley and with flashy rims it seems like it would be a hot item to go missing. I guess I’m a little nervous about the stereo walking. Looks like I might just re-wire the alarm on a relay, so that as long as the alarm is set active it will dissable the fuel pump.

i knew a guy in high school with a special honda key. he managed to open my Integra’s door easily! but he couldn’t start the engine with that same key.

Yeah ^ 2nd gen preludes are sluts! I swear any lude key will start any other prelude. 3rd gen accords are almost as bad. Well… Honda in general :werd:

The other day i go the local store and on my way out i see this one store employee who i recognize as another teg owner, he was standing there staring at his car and talking on his cellphone. He asks me “hey you drive that integra?” I tell him i do. Then he asks “Do you know anyway to open the doors? I locked my keys inside and I dont want to spend $70 getting my keys out.”
So I walk over there, put my key in the door lock, turn and it unlocks. Turns out some of our keys are interchangable lol.

:lol: Let’s check this out. For all that are having a meet soon, try your keys on other members cars. Curious on the results and possible solutions that anyone can come up with.

One of my co-workers lost her keys in our parking lot. She wanted to move her car to a better a spot, that’s when she realized she couldn’t find her keys. She tried anything and everything just to open her door(s) to get her purse and other stuff out. I went over to her car while she was looking for tools and what not. I was curious and figured I’d try my DA key on her 99 Civic (4 Door). I wanted to test the whole Honda keys work on all Hondas theory. My key didn’t work right away. I tried again in a wiggling fashion and suddenly the door unlocked. I was actually amazed and kind of pissed off at the same time. If I could do this with my key on her car, another Honda/Acura key could do this on my car. As confused feeling as I was, I tried the ignition (with the same DA key mind you). I attempted to turn the key. It was a little snug at first but, with a little (and I mean little) effort/force the key turned and the car was on. I moved her car for her in the spot she wanted. She was so happy to get her purse out, she didn’t even ask how I did it. I was happy for her but, more concerned for my car now. Sorry for the rant. I just thought I’d share. If you treasure your DA/DB, locking the doors clearly is not enough. Be safe everyone.

What about using a boot to prevent the car from being stolen?

But their families do. As a gun owner, I agree with this statement although there are a hell of lot of reason not to actually kill someone on sight.

yeah i find myself using my DA key to start DB1 sometimes scary but not to worried about someone stealing it my car stays in a garage and i am never to far away and have a nice security system

yeah ive had to pry a window to get my locked keys out, its almost easy enough to do without tools.

i am pretty religious about my car cover use, ive got small padlocks and plastic coated stainless braided wire that i can lock the cover down under the car with if i felt so paranoid. unless you cut the entire thing off youll be dragging a car cover, most likely getting it or the braided wire wrapped up in shit. just another step and or another tool to get into my car, also helps with the “window shoppers” who would have never known what it was in the first place.

then there is the relocated hood pop cable, and when i get a new hood itll prolly get locking pins.

the battery is most likely going inside the car, the alarm horn is much lower on the firewall than ive seen them, you cant get to it without practically removing the intake manifold.

there are relay switches for vital engine stuff (fuel pump, etc)

layers are indeed a huge part, its like adding obstacles for the thieves.

those wheel boots are looking more and more appealing, and my shits still basically stock. lolol

it is very easy to get into our cars,
one time i left my keys in the ignition when i went to my girlfriends house.
So i just took one of her metal hangers, took a flathead screw driver and a towel(to pry the window open) Bent the hanger in the shape that i needed it and i unlocked the door. If i can easily get in, thieves can get in even easier.

Anywho, aside from that. This is the aftermath of my car being broken into about 2 years ago, right before i was going to work around 1am. The door was partialy opened, window wasnt broken or anything. I assume they had a key of some sort.

-Karlo
p.s. Now i have 2 kill switches and a clutch pedal lock. Hopefuly all that will discourage any future car thieves.
But no alarm yet, soon ill have one.

[QUOTE=iRockTheDA9;2064357]
p.s. Now i have 2 kill switches and a clutch pedal lock. Hopefuly all that will discourage and future car thieves.
But no alarm yet, soon ill have one.[/QUOTE]

the clutch pedal lock is somewhat useless, its not hard to bend our clutch, brake or gas pedals out of one of those “club” like devices. not saying its nice to have for amatuer thief deterance, but pros know how to get around that shit, and since its usually not your transmission they care about, theyll just bend the pedal out of the way and force it in gear. my uncles msutang was stolen like that, had to have most of the synchros replaced after they recovered it, partially stripped.
a well hidden kill switch or two is a great last line of defense tho. there are so many essential things to starting a car that you can add one to.
im debating on going with a clutch switch and headlight/tail light switch in conjunction with my other two, since the only time my car isnt locked behind gates and a security guard is at night in my driveway. you would have to use the lights to not get pulled over, and of course to see anything at night in this terribly lit town i live in lol

/novel

e: blue interior represent!

well, i know thieves can make their way around clutch locks but it will take time. It is EXTREMELY hard to bend a clutch pedal, probably one of the stronger parts of the car. The clutch lock is there to slow thieves down discouraging them from continuing, one of my kill switches is for the clutch and the other for my fuel pump. So it should be pretty hard to start, but i know if thieves want it, they’ll get it.

Hey guys,

My car got broken into last week for the second time this year. I actually have an alarm but they opened the hood through the fender and cut off the siren. I found my car like you iRockTheDA9, ignition switch all busted and hanging. I want to keep my car but was thinking of getting a quick release steering wheel. I want something that is visible to them so they might think it is too much work. I have a kill switch and that kept them from driving off in it.

What do you guys think about the quick release? Will that prevent thiefs or is it still easy to put a different steering wheel or something?

like i’ve stated, if they really want it, they WILL get it.

a quick release is just a visual deterrent, they can look at the hub and just find a matching steering wheel, unless you get a cover with a lock. Although it just slows them down but doesnt stop them.

i would get a quick release for my car, for looks and function, when i get the money though.

Right, if they want it they will get it.

That is exactly what I was asking, I am looking for a deterrent. I think I am going to go that route. So if I get one with a lock it will be hard to put anything else there?

Thanks