anyone have proof a vtec oil pump flows more?

First of all if all 96+ pump springs are the same part than how can one have more tension than another and second, i looked for the discovery and only found lubrication specs from a 94 helms manual that showed oil capacity oil pump inner to outer and other pump gear clearances and oil pressure both at idle and 3k. The helms shows only one oil pump for both engines and same pressure at idle and 3k. The only difference is in oil capacity where the gsr has a .2 more quart capacity than the ls. Not trying to be a dick but I find facts that prove more to the fact that they’re the same where as you just say its 100% correct and give nothing more than your opinion.

It just strikes me as odd that if you search it you’ll find countless posts saying to use the vtec oil pump becuase it is better but no proof to back it up. I’m not trying to show everybody up by arguing but i’ve searched and keep finding out the same things where as everyone for vtec oil pumps gives me thier opinion other than the guy that said he gained 10lbs of pressure. Another interesting fact I found was someone posted i forget where that the vtec oil galley raises oil pressure when vtec is enganged but nothing about the pumps being better. Like I said though the 96+ pumps are cheaper so it doesn’t really matter, sorry i couldn’t prove you right, I tried.

That’s interesting. WHen I purchased my new spring from one of my best friends who was also the parts manager at honda at the time, he assured me that they were different part numbers… This has also been confirmed by many people on honda-tech.

Good luck, anyway.