anyone ever rebuilt a B17a?

The p30 pistons come in 81mm and 81.25(oversized)mm. Your b17a has a stock bore of 81mm, so no they wont be too small. Just get the oversized pistons and have a machine shop bore out the stock sleeve.

its basically just a copy if the JDM ITR oem header with a 2.5" collector and if yon are on a tight budget and want to spend your money wisely id say the JDM DC 4-1 is a good choice …i was surprised in the header shootout on H-T that the JDM DC actually held up and did pretty good …

So what about the durabillity of the pistons though, does anyone tink that if the car is ran hard frequently that the P30’s arent the way to go? I’m worried after spending the money, they dont holdup when the car is ran hard. I’m not saying i race every night, but probably every week a couple times. Does anyone think it would be better to just go with aftermarket pistons, or thinks the P30 pistons arent the way to go if the car is ran hard every other night? J/w, i would rather saveup and get the right pistons for the job. I was just wondering if anyone had done this with the P30s and how long they had their car running on them, and what conditions they put it through, thanks again. Bye.

Durability of the pistons? If your planning on staying NA(naturally aspirated) then I don’t see any problems with stock p30 pistons(its OEM) If you plan on going with nitrous oxide or force induction then a forge piston may be what you looking for. I think you should do a search on most of your answers…you’ll be surprised how much of these questions have been answered.

I still love you :inlove:

Mine fit perfectly. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with your mount. I"m using all four PR mounts if that helps.

Maybe a machine shop can take off a little material off either side of the insert for you.

is there any way you can get the part # off yours so I can see If I have the same part… :gunleft: to place for going out of business

I’ll have to look when I get home.

what kind of horsepower u guys putting down with your setups

mine is in pieces. =)