adams go kart track 9-8-09

:rockon: for tonight!

looks like ill be getting there on time, but im still going to get second session.
today seems like there is going to be quite a bit of people going, well spectating.

now, i just need to get my windshield replaced =[
stupid thing got a crack on it and i just read the tech sheet, “no cracks on windshield” >:O

It’ll be dark by second session, and they only tech for a secure battery tie down.

really?
so chances of them worrying about the crack on my windshield is minimal?
cause the crack comes from the bottom corner of the passenger side towards the middle.

Just checking this thread out now… I had no idea this place existed! So let me get this straight, they run an a Time Attack type event tuesday nights on a Kart track? Sort of like AutoX but with an actual track instead of cones. That sounds like a lot of fun.

How much time do you get out on track per “session”? I wish this wasn’t so far away, I’d love to come check it out.

[QUOTE=Colin;2069466]Just checking this thread out now… I had no idea this place existed! So let me get this straight, they run an a Time Attack type event tuesday nights on a Kart track? Sort of like AutoX but with an actual track instead of cones. That sounds like a lot of fun.

How much time do you get out on track per “session”? I wish this wasn’t so far away, I’d love to come check it out.[/QUOTE]

yah, its uber fun!
time attack on a go kart track is right.
the track is wide enough for cars, check it out on youtube “adams motor park” or whatever.

for 20 dollars a session(1 hour) you get about 3 runs consisting of 3 laps each, so 9 laps total. sometimes you can get up to 4 runs if there isnt many people. 1st lap is warm up, 2nd lap is hot lap, 3rd lap is cool down. but most people just run it hard all 3 laps.

-karlo

Awesome, thanks for the info. If it wasn’t so far away I was considering coming by tonight, but I just don’t have the time. Maybe after my shifting arm heals I’ll be able to bring my DB out there and try not to crash into tire barriers. Actually, come to think of it, this track might be a great way to start getting my car back together before a full on track day. It has all unfamiliar suspension and tires on it now so I have absolutely no idea how it will handle or what tweaks I need to do in order to get the suspension dialed in.

yah, this track is a good place to test and start.
Small and 2 banked turns, its ideal for something of that matter.

im just worried about my windshield, im planning of just going into the pit area with my hood up, you cant see the crack that way. lol

well if you fail tech they refund your money. It’ll also be dark out once they tech for 2nd session.

For the hour you get a handful of low lap runs, but only ONE lap of each run is timed. So its like an autocross with a practice lap before each timed lap.

I’m in the same boat as you Colin, I never heard of this place either. It’s cool that there’s a place you can track your car without having to wait a month or more in between events. I just finished installing the majority of my bushings and I can already tell my car’s steering is a lot more responsive.

I’ll try to see if I can get some friends to go out next week, but I don’t get off work til 6 and I’m coming all the way from Long Beach.

you should come out and try it.
from 5-9pm, you can make it to the 3rd session starting at 8:30 roughly.
Long beach isnt too bad of a drive, i came from long beach this weekend going to fontana. took about 35-45 minutes.

but then again, theres traffic for you. =/
try to get off early next tuesday. lol

[QUOTE=iRockTheDA9;2069534]y
but then again, theres traffic for you. =/
[/QUOTE]
yeah, 91fwy traffic at that time is horrendous! Typically I refuse to leave LB in that direction any earlier than 7pm, and still then there’s often traffic here and there.

this is 10 mins from where i stay i might have to take ride over there after work to watch

all is welcome!
2nd gen owners come!
lets get tuesday nights big, because thursday night drift is large compared to tuesdays.
damn drifters and all their hype.

Work just told me to stay till 5:30 today. Showing up for group 3 if at all :frowning:

tonight was fun!
good hanging out with you travis.

ill have my vids up soon.
not bad for my first time, lol.

yea that crx eating the tirewall showed it could have been worse.
And the dodge charger.

oh yah, OUCH… for the charger…
i still think its kinda stupid how he decided to track his charger on 22’s… lol?
rather him then me… lol

well, i went off the track one time…
but that will be the last! for sure =P

runs 1 and 3.

run 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Cl9-qPCoM

run 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THB4KH8PHPw

-karlo