27 mpg on a b17

is this normal i fill up with shell premium every time. it has no motor mods done to it and i drive like a granny

http://www.g2ic.com/specs.php

Factory rated specs are there to gauge from.

I used to get 30mpg w/o too much trouble on the freeway. It was on a fresh rebuild which was stock except for 11:1 compression (no tuning), with the short geared YS1.

full thank i’d always range from 300-330

I get about 28-31mpg. Shell has more ethanol, which I think doesn’t produce as much power as straight gasoline. I get better mpg with Chevron; Shell is def lower.
You don’t have to be gentle with the gas pedal, just keep rpm’s low and remember to coast to each red light while in 5th.

Is that with all freeway miles or a mix?

I get better mpg with Cheveron too and I think with 76 as well.

i used to get about 30mpg on my b17 that had about 177k.

ive been averaging about 28 in mine… have 236k (ish) miles… Always using premium…

Makes me feel good :slight_smile:

Just returned from a road trip across state to MN with my DB2. I was able to get 406 miles on a full tank (which was the farthest I dared traveled without running out of gas) which I then topped it off with 11.88 gallons. Which comes out to be 34 mpg all highway with maybe 15 minutes of city driving. I did drive with the cruise on and drove under 70mph and kept the revs +/- 200 from 3.5k in 5th gear. Does that seem normal to any of you?

Info:

159k on the 92 b17 motor
VTEC not activating at the moment (code 21)
Leaky exhaust
Dented exhaust manifold
Unknown mileage on O2 sensor, and distributor
New fuel filter, waterpump, timing belt, spark plug wires, plugs.

Mods:
K&N stock filter element
Grounding kit
9.5lb Exedy flywheel
New 195/65/14 tires at 32 psi all around

With all the other responses here of people saying they’re getting around 28-32mpg… I think that answers your question in regards to the mileage you’re getting and if it is good or bad.

I run shell 91 (colorado gets je#ed on good gas). I’ve got 2 db2 tegs and both of them avg about 24-30 depending on how I drive. A lot of city and a lot of vtec = 24 lol some highway some city shifting around <4k = 30. The transmission gearing is about 1000 rpms higher at any speed in the same gear as any non-shortgear ys1. So at 70 in my gsr its ~4k rpm, at 70 in my 4dr ls it’s at ~3k. 4k seems to be the magic number on the stock ecu where it goes from economy mode to power mode and the cams get into their power as well so there is a significant power increase at the expense of mileage decrease. City is the hardest for me because of the gearing. Taking off in second is sort of an option but because of the low torque it beats up the clutch. So it sucks really bad driving in traffic cuz it feels like I’m shifting constantly.