2024 and looking for a 92 DA front lip without any luck

Hello,

I’m sort of finding my way around the new site here, but I have been recently looking for a front lip for my 92 DA front bumper. The urethane ones on ebay actually look to all be the same one (I actually purchased it for ~$90 and it didn’t fit at all, so I returned it). Does anyone know the best way to find a good looking front lip? ITR style if possible?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Your best bet is JDP, they still make lips and they fit perfect. There’s not much else available for us unless it’s diy. I just made this lip for mine

Thank you! I had not seen JDP, so that is a great resource.
They don’t have a lot of pics of their different styles. If anyone has photos with them let me know.

Yours looks very nice. what was your process?

1 Like

you just have to find a lip that you like and you think may fit. then trim it wherever it needs until it fits like it was made for it. for this one i had to extend both sides 1 1/4 inch and trim around the lower air inlets.

JPD Engineering, it took a couple emails until they responded for me to place an order. I got mine and installed it last summer.

Thanks for the pic! looks great!

How was the install and drilling the holes? do you know the hardware you used?

I shot them an email we’ll see if they reply. I’m leaning toward the OE2, but seeing more pics helps.

I used the OEM hardware. I took off the OEM lip and used as a template to drill holes in the JDP lip. If I were to do it again I recommend drilling smaller holes and if they line up drill the final hole.

Interesting. thank you. I don’t have the EOM hardware as I don’t have any lip at all (I swapped a 92 bumper onto my 91 some 20 years ago). I’ll check the service manual to see what they spec’d.

Appreciate the tip on the pilot hole. did you mock up with some double sided tape or need a second set of hands to help with the install?

I mocked up with some tape and a second set of hands.