Good Exhaust? I bought it....

I won this auction for an exhaust on eBay, just wondered if it is any good. Has anyone had one like this?

[URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7941061501&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT]90-93 Integra “Type H” Super Stainless Catback Exhaust
[SIZE=1]90-93 Integra Super Brand New Bolt On Catback Exhaust[/SIZE]

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!!

one things for sure, you will NOT get 20-25 hp as stated. maybe 5-6hp if your lucky and if your exhaust system size is matched up with the cat and header.

it looks like your typical straight through muffler type exhaust system. good for attracting unwanted attention and possibly good for noise. piping seems a bit large also. especially if you have no other heavy duty mods. where the muffler meets the mid-pipe, the tapering down on the mid-pipe right before the flange makes no sense. noticable on the 3rd pic down. don’t know why its not the same size as the rest of the system.

Well the OEM system has holes rusted thru it, so I was bidding on this - not really thinking I would win - but I did. I realized afterwards that the outlet if 4 damn inches… oh well.
But I am worried about how it will hold up to various weather conditions and it looks kinda like the cat might be built into it… but I could be wrong.
I know I wont gain 20-25 HP, but its cheaper than stock thats all I was truly going for.

[SIZE=3]Still, ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!![/SIZE]

info about what?? :shrug:

its a 2.5" exhaust system with a straight thru muffler. its stainless steel. its got a 4" tip. good for maybe 5-6 hp. it bolts on. no it won’t rust. its gonna be like any other system with a 2.5" piping and straight thru muffler. what more do you want to know?

fair enuf, how about this, #1 has anyone else used it #2 is the cat built in?

no, the cat is not built in. there is none in the system at all. all there is, is the muffler, tip, and mid-pipe with resonator.

geez, they didn’t even set it up right in the pics, the intermediate section bends to the passenger side over the axle hehe. Looks half decent though, hopefully it’s not buzzy for you.

hahah i never even noticed that.

the hangers appear to be in the wrong spot on the muffler section, near the tip

this is one of the reasons i dont F*CK wit ebay,sometimes you just dont know what your are getting into.this one doesn’t look to be that bad.
i always was a fan of free flow front to back.apexi n1 blah blah blah etc. so on and so forth.good buy though.

i bought a system similar to that from ssautochrome, not on ebay though.
that’s a good price, but you have to pay shipping. mine was a little more, with shipping included.
look closely at the picture, there is an extra hanger on the end of the intermediate section that is useless, i just cut it off with a grinder…
didn’t come with any bolts or gaskets. i had to buy bolts and gaskets from napa.
i had to bend the hangers a little to get it to fit just right.
doesn’t sound too bad, if that is like mine, there is a “tunable” tip inside the end, make sure you check it frequently, because mine fell out…

I have never replaced an exahust system before, plese explin more about the problems you had with this one.kind/company PLEASE!
Thanks!

it’s best to get the whole car up on jackstands.
after that, just remove the old one and bolt up the new one
you’ll figure it out as you go along…
i had a hard time getting at the 3 bolts on the back of the cat-converter, so i removed the 2 bolts in front of the cat, but then you gotta mess with those springs, which is a pita…

hmmm, heh - so how much should I pay someone to install it for me? :smiley:

I’m always for DIY. Maybe it’s cuz I’m a cheap bastard who doesn’t wanna pay mechanic $80/hr for something I can do.

Exhaust swap is not that bad at all.
I just had to do that on my bro’s car yesterday.
The biggest problem you’ll encounter will frozen bolts.
It’s not worth it to try to loosen it. cuz, chances are, if your exhaust rusted off, so would the bolts. Following is what you’ll need.

1. Dremel (to cut off rusted bolts)
  2. 3 bolts/nuts to connect from cat to mid pipe
  3. 2 spring loaded bolts/nuts to connect mid-pipe to rear muffler section.
  4. 2 gaskets(one between cat/midpipe, another one between midpipe/muffler) These probably will have to be ordered, so I suggest you get these first before going at it, unless you want to be stuck without a car while waiting for those gaskets to arrive. I had to order them and wait for them for 3 days.
  5. some wrenches and sockets, and a good ratchet.
  6. a jack and jackstands.
  7. penentrating lube. WD-40 works fine for me.

If those are ready, it’s not that bad at all. It took me 2.5 hrs total, 1.5 hrs of which was spent on cutting off stuck bolts. It just sucked for me that I had to crawl under the car in freezing weather. I still can’t feel my butt… :sad:

dont pay someone it is usually pretty easy to do(esp. if u coat all the nuts/bolts in WD40 overnight. that exhaust is pretty much a Thermal R&D/ Greddy MX knock off, it probably will be a little raspy because its a “ebay” brand type of exhaust but shouldnt be to bad

By the way if u wanted to drive your car done to my house sometime i could probably help u put it on!!! if ya wanted too

I have not looed under there still, but I am sure those bolts and such are not worth reusing.
Do they sell thoe at AutoZone or someplace like that?
Also, do I have to get the gaskets at a dealer, or can I get those at AutoZone?
Oh, and since I just have 2 jackstands its alright if I just hold up the back of the car right? I could borrow some if I need to tho…

I do not think we have a dremel, so im most likely goign to try the wd40 trick first, but if I have to Ill cut them of course

hmmm I think Ill look into gettign a nice cheap eBay hi-flo cat while Im at it… :smiley:

i dont think you really need any more jack stands…two is fine. i would re-use the exhaust bolts…nuttin is wrong with re-using them…just be careful taking them out…

like mentioned above…WD-40 it really well…wait…re spray again and take it out…should be cake…

and the gasket at autozone/kragen should be fine!

GL with it…let us know how it sounds=)

Would this cat fit with this exhaust?
Would I need the same parts for install?

[URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7941061501&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT]90-93 Integra “Type H” Super Stainless Catback Exhaust
[SIZE=1]90-93 Integra Super Brand New Bolt On Catback Exhaust[/SIZE]

Acura Integra 98 99 00 01 High Flow Cat Converter JDM

buy a thermal exhaust, the price is a little to high but its has to be one of the best exhaust systems for a DA, had it on my DA, really quiet, has a nice sound after vtec and its the whole thing is stainless steel