Good Exhaust? I bought it....

already have this exhaust.

Tell me if this is right…
from the motor back, it goes:
exhaust manifold/header -> downpipe -> cat -> rest of exhaust, including muffler

there are many different names for stuff, so I cant find all that I am looking for; mainly the downpipe, if one existis… help me Im confused

It goes: header - cat - catback exhaust piping - muffler

i have that exhaust

for the money, it isnt bad

i had fitment issues though, mostly with the hangers being too long or not bent the right way

is that cat a real cat? i would check just because a lot of the ebay “hi flow” cats are really just resonators with no honeycomb in it

the exhaust isnt buzzy, it is pretty quiet and has some mid range sound…you only really hear it at higher rpm or at WOT

did u notice any performance imporvements with that catback?

Thinking about buying it too, my current catback is about to just fall off the car and I don’t want to pay $400-500 for an exhaust. Just looking for something quiet and powerful.

the most noticable difference is at mid range and top end

if you have the money get a nicer exhaust, if not this one is ok

i just got it because i didnt have 500 to spend and my stock one was rusting out, but the fitment issues can be annoying if you dont have access to tools

I got this one cause mine was rusting out too!

what kind of issues did you have as far as it not fitting great? please explain before I get it!

first I was going to do it myself, then I was going to pay, then I was going to do it myself, now Im thinking about paying again…

the exhaust hangers near the axel back section are bent at really wierd angles so you have to bend them and fit them so you can hang the exhaust

also, mine doesnt sit perfectly straight on because i have to have it at an angle so it doesnt rub hit part of the car underneath, and right now it is hitting the bumper a little so it vibrates

another issue you might run into is if you have a short shifter, and it rubs the exhaust

i bought a universal muffler and picked up some pipes from nosintegra. I took a trip over to a few muffler shops and they want 140-200 to put it on… So i might as well just get this ebay setup and sell the one i have right?

well anyone selling one of these?

Hey all,

I bought this exhaust off ebay as well, to get a better idea on the sound of it i made some clips with my camera. BTW my car is a 1992 GS AUTO :auto: with a shit load of miles on it and AEM intake.

First clip is a rev from 900rpms to 4000rpms.
http://www.winross.addr.com/upload/userfiles/Brian/g2exhaust1.wmv

Second clip is a drive by in 2nd.
http://www.winross.addr.com/upload/userfiles/Brian/g2exhaust2.wmv
:ok:
Enjoy hope this helps with buying decisions. :wave:

hey, i noticed your from iowa, so am i, and so is white teggy. We should all get together sometime. So is this the first thing you have bought for your car so far? i have a 91 gs, blue and 5 speed. what all have you done to your car, email me if you want emaury69@yahoo.com

we are running a red 91 GS auto:auto: - its got NGK Laser Platinum Plugs, Short intake, just changed oil to high mialage stuff from valvoline I believe (101,xxx when it went in, now 102,xxx), 4 new Yokohama AVID 500 AA/A on stock rims along with an alignment…
other than performance weve got a red dome light, red rear lic plate cover, LED lic plate lights, and clear corners - soon we are going to have ALL (100%) RED tails

just the other day when it was being warmed up, smoke was noticed coming from IN FRONT of the rear right wheel… so the back end is getting worse…

it seems that we should start an IOWA thread, and then people from Iowa, surrounding areas, or people that are planning on comming here/there can post in it

I really think that I need to get with someone that has some skills for putting on an exahust that dosent quite fit properly on… I am 80-90% sure I could do it if I was not warned that it will encounter problems…:slight_smile:

It was very simple to put this exhaust on, 20 minutes or so. Depending on rusted bolts. 1 extra hanger is left, only problem I have is when i reached 115mph the muffler would start to vibrate on the rear bumper. Thats the only problem, but who drives 115mph all the time. I love my gas mileage. :werd:

if you wanted me too i could help you install it just let me know

do you get much attention from the cops? how bout cruzin on the highway? is it pretty quiet??