10 parts to increase horsepower??

I have about 1500 to spend on parts and i wanted to know what were good horspower increasers besides nitrous or a turbocharger. I already have an intake, headers, cat back, and plugs and wires. What else can i buy to put me over the edge, cuz im loosin to a souped up cavalier?

Thanks,
Mowse

boost!

a fast b-block. b16a b20 whatever. exhaust is another one people like to do off the rip

cams is another option

i’m assuming this is with an ls motor? if so, get some p30 (jdm b16) pistons (if you can’t find those you can settle for some pr3’s), crower 403’s, adjustable cam gears (skunk2’s are good imo), some sort of safc to dyno tune, adj fpr is an option as is a mild to moderate head port and im port match. that’ll put you right under 150 whp after tuning.

go to dh-racing…(www.dh-racing.com) 550 and get your i/m ported, and a bigger t/b… they guarantee 25whp! … not hp increase but whp…
all that will get around 170whp tuned…
get that, some cams and header/exhaust set up/intake

550 for the im/tb
300 cams
100 cam gears
100 cai
400 exhaust
100 used header

and u can look for some of the stuff used to get a good price! nothing wrong with used parts!

he already said he had header, intake and cat-back I think. And i would be highly skeptical of someone claiming a 25whp gain from just a IM and TB on an otherwise stock engine.

XcLuSiVTRM very nice site… Boost or the Bottle the most easiest way to gain power…

what do u guys think of those Electronic superchargers? Has anyone tried it?

I was thinkin about doin my whole intake system.

1. HKS dual intake filter
  2. Fender-well intake
  3. Throttle Body Spacer
  4. Throttle Body
  5. Intake Manifold

Do you guys think this is a good idea? How many horses do u think this will add?

doing all that really isn’t going to do half as much as you think it will.

underdrive crank pulley, fuel computer (safc, greddy emanage, etc.), short shifter (not more horsepower, but it helps), FLYWHEEL!!! My flywheel made the biggest noticeable difference in my car. it’ll rev through the gears quicker with it. have fun, don’t blow up like my car just did. =(

better intake system won’t matter if your car isn’t trying to draw any more air. P&P the head and get cams/valvetrain.

B16a motor, tranny, ecu for like $800-900 maybe cheaper. Use your parts from the DA to put it in. Sell you motor and make a couple hundred. Then the basic i/h/e on the b16a.

Street racing?

I think these ones are funnier.

Why don’t you actually do a little work and LEARN how an engine works and then ask us again?
Oh yeah, its not “loosing.” You’re LOSING to a Cavalier.

what does a performance control module do?

It tricks your engine into thinking there’s 2, and almost doubles the horsepower.

LMFAO!!
It’s v8 in a box baby!

swap ur motor! if u ask me putting bolt ons on ur stock motor that is 14 years old is pointless and will not add any HP just sound. and if u do add hp not not anything big.