Teggykid Running Log *New Wheels*

OK, I finally got around to it but here it is! Welcome to Teggykid952’s Running Log!

Well here’s my story, I got this car in November of 2008 as kind of a birthday present even though my birthday was on Oct. 21st. My dad used to work at CKR (got a new job) and the guy came in with the car saying that he wanted to get his new alarm installed because he still had a warranty on his old one. Well he ended up asking my dad if he wanted to buy the car so my dad traded him 2 subs from another guys car (he didnt want them since he got new ones installed) and a free amp my dad got plus installation of these items in his other car for it. So after all was said and done I have a 1992 Integra GS 4-Door with 181,xxx and an alarm with a warranty. Well since we had the warranty on the alarm we decided to go ahead and order the new one. It is a Prestige alarm with automatic start, I don’t know the full details but it is a “top dollar” alarm system. Well first thing we did was… of course tear the car down! Well… not completely. We took out carpet, seats (btw the car had no back seat), all panels except door and dash (pics). We proceeded in giving the panels a good wash and cleaning the carpet as best we could with cleaner and a pressure washer (no pics of this, sorry!). Next, while being kept at dad’s work, he sanded as much the paint off as he could to get ready for the next step. Next my dad took her to a friends shop… for a nice coat of paint. Now please understand, this is a one-man shop that can hold up to about 12 cars (probably more). My dad told him we would come help him to get it done faster which we have been doing for the past month or 2. I have sold my dirt bike for money for wheels and tires (if you are wondering, my dad covered the cost for paint and body work and other various things that are too much for me to get right now). So after all that here we are! I will update this as soon as anything new happens! But since I am 15 with no job to pay for upgrades, progress is going to be painfully slow. But stay tuned if you please, i might have questions i need answered. Thanks!

Modifications

Engine
-No Name CAI
-XS Power Intake Manifold
-STR 64mm Throttle Body
-Throttle Body Spacer
-DC Sport 4-2-1 Header (coated)
-Hi-Flow Cat (not sure what it is)
-Ebay Muffler (actually sounds good)
-Possibly More…

Suspension
-Skunk2 Lowering Springs
-Bomz Strut Bars (front and rear)
-Unkown Aftermarket Shocks
-Possibly More…

Audio
-3 Amps (P200-2 and 2 P500-2)
-2 6.5" Speakers (T162C)
-T162S set (2 6.5", 2 tweeters, 2 crossovers)
-1 12" P3D212 sub

Wheels
-16x7 Drag DR-31’s in Bronze

Coming Next
-Back Seat
-1 Piece Headlights
-Tail Lights
-Skunk2 Coilovers
-Steering Wheel
-Carpet Kit
-And More…

SO HERE ARE ALL THE PICS I HAVE

BEST UPDATE YET!

FINALLY GOT MY WHEELS! YES! I highly recommend Discount Tire Direct, with great customer service and FREE SHIPPING how can you beat that? shipped to me in 5 business days even wit the weird order. Great company! 5 stars from me.

PICS

looks to be a great project bud, awesome that your only 15 and on the right path :rockon:

important thing to keep in mind is build it for yourself and what you wanna do!

I wouldn’t say the total right path, but with direction he can be on the right path, I just notice this is same person I got bashed on another site for because I expressed my opinion lolz…

let me guess matt :cough:team-integra.net:cough:

Not the biggest fan of your audio choices, and I think that I would put looks and quick boltons aside until everything mechanically is up to speed; however, you seem to be making good progress. There is no reason you should base your decisions on other’s opinions, but I feel that many people get frustrated and give up on older cars because they take a lot more work then just aftermarket and basic maintenance parts. They typically require bushings, seals, ball joints, bearings, electrical work, and parts that are often overlooked. None the less I wish I had the resources and time to be doing something like that when I was 15.

haha :werd:

lol, dude all that stuff was on the car when i got it! haha, there’s no way i would have been able to afford all that stuff. as for audio, i have no idea why you don’t like it, it’s all real good quality stuff. my dad has been doing car audio installation for 20+ years so we know how to get the most out of what we buy. but i guess I’ll let the cat out of the bag on the system… we only paid $350 for it :slight_smile: . My dad knows one of the high-up-there guys in Rockford Fosgate and called him and said that my car would be like a demo car for their stuff so we only had to buy 2 amps and got the rest for free.

[QUOTE=Stevo-DA;2052361]looks to be a great project bud, awesome that your only 15 and on the right path :rockon:

important thing to keep in mind is build it for yourself and what you wanna do![/QUOTE]

oh i plan on it! why build it for someone else? it’s like on T-I, i always put posts to see if people think what i’m about to buy is a good idea or if they like it, but in the end i’m going to do what i want

ahhh, Matty. so we meet again. i have to say i didn’t know you owned a g2, or maybe i did and forgot. I’ve looked over everything in my car so far and i don’t see how I’m not on the right path? looking at the fact that i didn’t put any of the performance parts in the car, the only thing you could question was where it said (Unknown Aftermarket Shocks) which what i mean is that they have a brand (not ebay crap) and I’m pretty sure they are skunk2 or something like that i just don’t know what brand the actually are. but they were changed when the car was dropped to compensate for it, so its not dropped on oem’s

this is a really narrow minded site where most people have a very closed train of thought.

build it for what you like. as long a you’re not a noise making, havoc wreaking, big spoiler rocking threat to society, it’s all good. just enjoy it.

I wouldn’t give thumbs up to Drags, but your 15 so we’ll just overlook that picture :angel:. Overall though, just keep on it, you’ve got a great start! And don’t forget about changing suspension bushings too

what’s wrong with drag’s? and yeah, that was about the only brand i could afford because i had to buy wheels, tires, mounting and balance, and alignment with only $750

I got the same wheels+tires from the same place and paid way less than 750. lol Seems like you got ripped off
But the car looks decent. Should look way better after a paint job.

[QUOTE=RD408;2052495]I got the same wheels+tires from the same place and paid way less than 750. lol Seems like you got ripped off
But the car looks decent. Should look way better after a paint job.[/QUOTE]

oh, i only paid 700, that was just my budget that i had for them :rockon:

For 350 sure that is a pretty good deal. I was assuming you were paying retail for that. I am not a fan of most off the shelf speaker equiptment, the use of rear fill, or over complicated crossover setups and soundstages. I see that you have 2 sets of two ways, and a set of components. What are your plans for that?

My last stereo ended up setting me back over two grand after everything was said and done, and I was still feel that it was underpowered on the frontstage. I since have lost the interest for over the top audio equipt. Too much work, weight, and theft risks.

[QUOTE=darin d;2052501]For 350 sure that is a pretty good deal. I was assuming you were paying retail for that. I am not a fan of most off the shelf speaker equipment, the use of rear fill, or over complicated crossover setups and soundstages. I see that you have 2 sets of two ways, and a set of components. What are your plans for that?

My last stereo ended up setting me back over two grand after everything was said and done, and I was still feel that it was underpowered on the frontstage. I since have lost the interest for over the top audio equipt. Too much work, weight, and theft risks.[/QUOTE]

dude, i have no idea what you said in the first paragraph. i don’t really know much about car audio, but i’m learning a little. my dad is the expert on all of this, he could probably tell you. did you do most of the work on your last set up? did you have to buy everything from car audio stores/retail price? if so on the second option i understand why it cost you so much. my dad knows a lot of people in the business and knows how to do everything himself. like we are going to be fiberglassing the whole trunk and he can do all of the labor himself with = tons of money saved.