My 1993 Acura Integra GS, LS/VTEC BUILD

Whats up everyone my name is Somalia & i am building a virgin 1993 GS Integra
I will try to update this as much as possible.
I am pulling the old motor & selling that & the tranny & putting a SEMI BUILT & tuned LS/VTEC inside w/ a JDM XSI J1 transmission.
I am also converting the interior from tan to black & re-doing the door panels & maybe the headliner. I have alot of ideas.
So far my goals for this car is:
1.) 1.9L LS/VTEC swap & turbo going for 300whp
2.) Full suspension
3.) Interior swap, switching everything from Tan to black.
4.) Repaint
5.)Crazy wheels!

Here is my car when I first got it (original car the one I couldnt title):

• Updates page 2
  • New shell picked up 2/1/2013 and 3/23/13
  • new build
  • new year
  • new goals
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Clean. Looks virgin, except for the 18inch wheels. I’ll subscribe since you have just begun. Good Luck man. I might be going LS-V in the near future too.:rockon:

Yeah they came on the car, 1st thing to go.

Getting ready to pull the motor

Getting ready to pull the motor:

Finished pulling the motor & found a 93 front bumper @ the junk yard!

I pulled out the AC also. Does anyone know what else as far as emissions stuff & BS that i really dont need for my motor set up that i can take out to clean up my engine bay?

Waiting outside for the swap, put my Racing Hart C2’s on also.

Nice… im goint to subscribe on to this one from the beggining… Good Luck

nice find at the junk yard. too bad the type r lip is no good. just a heads up, you need a 92-93 front bumper support and brackets to be able to fit that bumper on to your 91 teg, if you haven’t already known. i tried the 92-93 front bumper onto my 91 integra with the 91 support, and it wouldn’t lined up good. i’m waiting on my JDM front bumper support. It’s like 20 pounds lighter than oem.

Yeah I test fitted it, I got the bumper support but didn’t realize that the two pieces that it bolts up to were needed also. Is there a place I can order them from? I plan on puttin it on when I get another lip & when I am ready for paint.
:dance:

A little back story on the shell.
I was looking for a clean DA shell for about 6 months when I came across this one @ a friends body shop. Apparently the owner bought the car w/ blown motor & put a JDM B18b swap into it went to jail for a few years so the car hasn’t seen the road since 05 I believe. Newayz when I met the guy he wanted 800 for the whole car. He wasn’t into imports or nething, he just bought it because it was a Acura. Well I told him I didn’t want those ugly wheels, so I used my gift of gab & $300 later I had me a DA.
I pulled & sold the motor for $500 & the tranny for $200 to some local DA lovers that were in need.
I believe in helping others that share the same passion.

its in!!

This is becoming a headache, I have to get a new Distributor because mine somehow cracked on the inside.
Other than that everything is wired up & ready to go.
I have a few unused plugs on the engine harness & some misc. stuff that I’m not sure what’s its for. I’m going to try to post pics tonight when I get home to hopefully get some feedback.

wow the price you paid is hard to beat.

Subbed!

Not true, i switched the 93 bumper on my 90 and the only thing i used was the 93 foam piece behind the cover. GL with the build

Ima try that thanks man.

No problem. Sorry to thread jack but i just wanted to show a pic of the fitment of the 90-91 support with a 93 bumper.

Okay we started it up today. Replaced the distributor, got cel. Didn’t wire up VTEC yet.
Found out that my heater core is gone, leaked all over the floor. Proably why the floor & ecu has some rust. Also proably why the car has been sitting since 05.
But that’s how it goes w/ these projects. I am definately not gonna give up though. I also don’t know why it has a 91 front bumper, I think it was in a fender bender, but the car says 93 on it where the door jam is on the driver side.
Proably gonna do my suspension tommorrow depending on when I get off work. I will try to post more pics asap. :rockon: thanx for viewing.

[/QUOTE]

wow. that’s a clean fit. i couldn’t do that to mine. i’ll try again when i have time.

nice header. did you paint the dc black, or do dc make some black headers?

Subscribed! :rockon:

Yea that does fit very well, im going to have to try mine.
The header was painted black when i got it, he said high temp paint but some burned off a little. But i think it was from some cleaner getttin on it.

I started the car, but its running rough i need to get another throttle body i believe to run the hose from the map sensor to.

wow nice motor:up:

Thanks man, it definately needs the block & trans cleaned up & a new valve cover so I can paint this one. I just wanted to get her back on the road.

Ok quick “Q” Next to the map sensor on the left are 2 sensors for emmisions I believe that have vaccum lines coming out of them.
Do I need those for this motor? My intake manifold has no inlet for those to plug into. I just t’d them in w/ the map sensor line for now. I see a lot of bays w/out them.