BLKACK1's Build Thread

Well the time has come people for my build to begin.

Im working with a 93 ls-se with 133k, that i picked up for less than 2 grand in early january

with the car came:
KYB gas sturts on GC coilovers(sold to my brother 2 weeks after purchase)
some crap crushbend exaust with apexi muffle.
Short shifter(not installed)
and the good shit
A B17 head that just been installed by a shop in the springs not even a month before i purchased the car:rockon:

Supposedly it has XS power stg 2 cams and upgradded valve train and a ebay sk2 knock-off IM . Need less to say i have not heard the best thing about them and plan to uprade for the build, I looked at them when i did a vavle lash adjustment on it, but it was hard for me to tell if he realy even had them put in, cause i wouldnt know what kind of marking it or the oem b17 has to look for in the first place.

Promtly after the purchase date, it bombed emissons horribly, the SOHC ecu they had running the vtec was running so rich it bombed by over 3 time the legal limit on HC. LLOL

Obvisly this was my first challenge to deal with, but not hard. Swapped over to a LS PR4 and passed with flying colors, just no Vtec:(

Second off, I had a distr. that was showing signs of not only a bad ignitor unit, but im sure a bad coil and TDC sensor problems where there as well.
So out with the old, In with the new. I hit up distr. king (you get the drift) and had a new one promptly shiped out

Ive been putting off this tread because there one bad thing, (unknow to me) the guy i bought it from said how, but i was to busy under the car looking at more important things. from the looks of it and the damage is basicly nothing a new upper and left support a little straitening isnt going to fix

which is why im here now:naughty:

So the funds have come together, the car is striped down in the garage and the whole project is on hold till UPS gets there shit together and bring me my parts :wink: and it take the 2 mile tow up the street to the body shop who is going to remove, clean up, and weld on the new supports.

So Everybody Say Hello, to my new pride and joy

installed so far:
Tein SS-p
Aem CAI
DC header
HKS Hi-Power(stock cat)
Guages W custom engine and cab harnesses, you gotta stay tuned :wink:
My OOOOOO so comfortable, sheep skin seat covers
I also swaped dashboard and my dc SS from my former DA:bawl:

up next trailing arms, 15 year old bushings=:gay:

I would love to just tag this thread up with pictures, but i havent realy had the time to take any due to the fact I never have my camera with me, and im at work 55+ hours a week, but here’s a couple of teasers for you :up:

and one of my personal favorites:up:

Ive got a lot of decisions to make in the near future and I could use some imput and insight from you guys and girls.

till next time
:up:

It’s about time you have a thread for yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

Oooooh. I’m so essited for joo!

Good luck man!

its about time i see your teg, i’d rather see it in person but it looks pretty nice. Is it a dark green? or Black my computer screen is giving me mixed thoughts

Looks dark green

LOL :werd:

[QUOTE=synsei;1870503]Oooooh. I’m so essited for joo!

Good luck man![/QUOTE]

hey man, insperation gotta lead somewhere :up:

AHHHHHHHH

as i was starting to type this part of my thread. Im siting here watching NCIS on tv and on the show some guy, just used a black DA to ram some truck.

WHY god oh WHY

LOL just make me want to go out to the garage and do something to the teg. :slight_smile:

anyways back on topic.

I figgured i let you guys in on my plans here. originaly when i bought my first teg, I had plan on taking it to 2nd creek raceway on the weekends. so my setup is bassed on trackcar type setup. but due to the fact that second creek has been closed down for over a year and has weeds growing through the blacktop. as well as the fact that we here in colorado get the short end of the stick when i comes to an abundance of racetracks. My plans have been altered a little and now im leaning towards a more, weekend spirited driver/ with track potential

As for engine and hp/tq specs and plans

soon on the project list, the ls/vtec comes out and the LS motor goes in.

the LS/vtec is going to be built up for boost, i still have massive amounts of research to do on good combination for my setup.
Im going to be shoting for 300-350hp/250-300 wh/tq @ 20lbs. I plan on running 10-12 lbs of boost most of the time, but the block is being built up for up to 20 lbs for when i realy feel like having a blast:manual:

Im looking to get as much tourqe out of this thing as physicly possible with out haveing to run a stroker kit. I know ls/vtecs especialy being booosted, dont like long strokes and high rpms or engines in general for that matter, So i have a decison of sleves or a double block guard and forged rods and pistons for the build.

there the age old saying
the no replacemnt for displacemt, so sleeves at 84mm is what i want to do, but sleaves are expensive. which lead me to another saying

Do it right, or do twice. Either way, your spending the money.

Any recomendations are always welcome:whisper:

on a side note
just ordered my ST rear sway bar today :rockon: and my support pannel are in kansas right now.
how nice would it be if they show up tomarrow, that way i could bring the car up to the shop, thursday morning before work, maybe get it back by monday:excite:

BTW:::

Its Isle Green Pearl to be exact, its kind of like moss, cause its growing on me:D im trying to have it back together and at the HIA red rocks meet on the 25th, you going?

Assitance needed

So my driver RTA bushing is shot and wouldnt suprise me if when i pull it down the mount will just fall out.

originaly i was going to go for a set of oem DC trailing arm and at a later date upgrade to a set of urathan(whatever it is) trailing arm bushing

but i was digging around in the online store and found that spooling performance has a what looks to be well engineared RTA sperical bearing for the DA which for a pair are the same price as 1 oem RTA.
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180192

I cant seem to find any review or user comments or write ups on it.
I would like to know what the lifespan of a sperical baering on a weekend driver?

anyone have a suggestion or link to point me in the right dirrection:

june? i might have to find someone to drive my ass down there.my luck is i’ll be working though and the moss color is sick:danger::danger::danger:

What about the tracks that will soon be opening close to denver? High Plains raceway, then Genoa motorsports park (well, it’s not that close, but still), and then there is always peublo. Good to see someone else still working on there car. Looks good so far.

well ive done some research on sperical bearing and i dont think thats a step im ready to take just yet. so within a short period of time i will be placing a order for a set of new DC trailing arms and will upgrade the bushing when the time comes

Speaking of OEM. got a couple of boxes yesterday as well as one from summit:rockon:

nothing done to it realy. I was gonna swap bumpers, but got sidetracked by work:( So i figgure on put in a little time here. had a question about an endlink setup

Car will go into the shop on monday, and i get it. when i get it. no rush.

I also talked to my mechanic about a subharness for the cooling fan and relay to get rid of the harness that runs under the upper support for the presure sensor, clutch and fan. the cooling fan and the relay are bundled in to this harness and thats all i need along with the ground

All DA’s came from the factory W/O air conditioning, it was then installed at the dealership when the car was purchased with it. there for there had to be a harness that was there if the cutomer didnt want A/C. so if they came from the factory with a subharness. there has to be one out there somewhere.:cross:
Hopefully ill hear back soon from him on that.

on a side note. I just got a phone call from some kid, who want to buy my tanabe exaust tomarrow. Sorry Carl :frowning: I know you realy wanted it

I might be duing a little engine tunning earlier than expected:rockon:

:idea:

ill be looking into that:up:

i think we should have a DA track day :rockon:
After tires and that other thing i need

[QUOTE=Skinyas23;1873272]i think we should have a DA track day :rockon:
After tires and that other thing i need[/QUOTE]

Im down. :smiley:

on sunday, craig came over and helped me swap rear bumpers cause the new one had a nice dent in it and my old one was in perfect condition and was just sitting on my back porch.

thanks mang:up:

As of monday the car is in the shop. its estimated to be out on thurs afternoon. but unfortunatly its not realy gonna matter, cause i am going to have to miss the HIA meet unless it goes into the evening hours.

lucky me, starting saturday i have five strait days of 11+ hours at work:( good news is im going to take friday off, so hopefully that should give me enuff time to get the car back together and in a drivable state.

im in the process of looking into a set of Blox spherical endlink and as soon as i order them and they arive, those and the swaybar will be going on.

heres some pics ive snapped before it went off to the shop.

on a side note i finnaly sold the tanabe exaust, and the same guy said he might want to take my MSD SCI-L off of my hands:rockon:. with that said, I should be ordering my new Trailing arms in the near future:)

just stoped by the shop to see how it was going and i managed to get this with my phone:rockon:

The drivers appron was worse than apeared, gonna cost me a couple extra hours of labor:(

Looking good. I’m not sure if I am going to the Hai meet or not. My wife has to work and gas up here is over $4.

Nice Glynn! Looks like your having some fun. You get a :rockon: for buying OEM, it gets expensive but at least you’ll know it fits right!

Speaking of. Look who just showed up. figgured i would sit down for some dinner real quik cause it looks like it gonna be a long night:rockon:

Agazzi, Im calling you tonight. you should come thru;)

I’m game. I’m stuck at work till 12. So if you’re still working around then, I am down

well as of 11:00 pm last night. All thats left is the hood, straitening the hood and fenders to line up together and doors, mudflaps, and fender liners and thats all she wrote.

She started right up, but cant leave the garage till she gets some fluids.

heres some pics of the progress as it was made.

this is how she sits right now. once agian, cant thank craig enuff and cant wait to get on that engine build mang:rockon:

Nice… How did you pay for your rad support? Also how much did they charge to take off and install the new on?