DA Trailing Arm Bushing!

I went to get my trailing arm bushing done today & the bushing everybody gives me doesn’t fit it goes through th trailing arm! Has anybody else ever have this problem? If I get 1 from the dealer will it fit? I have a 90 GS is there a difference with the bushings?

you might have a DC bushing. try burning the rubber out of the metal sleeve from your original bushing and pressing your new one into that, then press that into the trailingarm.

Does anybody have a pic of a DA & a DC trailing arm bushing next to each other?

Unless it was made specifically for the DA it won’t fit. EF,EG,EK,DC are all different from the DA. If they are energy suspension poly bushings you were supposed to leave the outer metal shell of the old bushing and put the bushings inside them. The DA bushings have a bigger outside diamater.

I know that’s what I was trying to explain to the guy at the parts store but he didn’t understand plus the 1 that came up in the computer at all the stores were the same size. So I am going to the acura dealer tomorrow. Will this 1 fit perfectly? Bcuz I don’t want to leave the car at the shop again.

The part number for the DA trailing arm bushing is 52385-SK7-N02, get it from the dealer, they’ll have it.

Yeah I got them. [B]THIS IS A DEALER ONLY PART! ! ![B] ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES HONDA IS THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CARRY THE CORRECT BUSHING FOR OUR CARS! ! !

Not to jackup your thread here.
But, I have a brand new set that I could sell you.
$60. plus shipping.
LMK

[QUOTE=prior8t2000;2056658]Not to jackup your thread here.
$60. plus shipping.
LMK[/QUOTE]

Good price! :rockon:

That’s a good price because they are $66 a piece @ Acura!

[QUOTE=prior8t2000;2056658]Not to jackup your thread here.
$60. plus shipping.
LMK[/QUOTE]

Hey prior r8t2002 you have two 52385-SK7-N02 for the trailing arms brand new. and is that 60 dollars for one or both of them plus shipping ?

I got mine here, scroll about half way down the page.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=37

Yeah that’s for the both of them.
I don’t need them, plus, there still in the bags.

Plus, shipping.

PM me if you want them.
I’ll send them to you if you’d like okay?
Peace…

I forgot one thing,
I did not go to the front counter area for the service.
I found myself around the machine shop and asked the guy to hook me up, and he did. He was cool and after finishing, I asked him about the price. He said that, the going rate was around $38 - $50. That is what the shop usually charged it’s customers. It only took about 15 minutes to remove and replace, if you are thinking about it? Just ask around your area and find out what they charge, or maybe even a High School can help you out? I went and had my DA Trailing Arm Bushings removed and replaced, my total charge was $20 for both, so each side would be $10. .

[QUOTE=prior8t2000;2062541]I forgot one thing,
I did not go to the front counter area for the service.
I found myself around the machine shop and asked the guy to hook me up, and he did. He was cool and after finishing, I asked him about the price. He said that, the going rate was around $38 - $50. That is what the shop usually charged it’s customers. It only took about 15 minutes to remove and replace, if you are thinking about it? Just ask around your area and find out what they charge, or maybe even a High School can help you out? I went and had my DA Trailing Arm Bushings removed and replaced, my total charge was $20 for both, so each side would be $10. .[/QUOTE]

You took the arm off the car and have them pressed out at a machine shop or is there a tool that the machine shop used to press it out while the arm is on the car? Just wondering… thanks

I had to take mine off and have them pressed in, I have the trailing arm bushing tool for civics and DC tegs. Don’t think it works on ours… of course. Used it on my 6th gen civic and an 4th gen hatch so far.

The machine shop I was at had a full size machine press. It was about 8’ tall, 4’ wide, and 5’ long. It was a industrial full size press, I can ask them to take a picture of it - if you want me to?

I removed the complete arm, brake stuff, cable lines, I left the drums on also.
Plus, I did leave the wheels off there was no need in carrying extra weight I thought.

[QUOTE=prior8t2000;2062565]The machine shop I was at had a full size machine press. It was about 8’ tall, 4’ wide, and 5’ long. It was a industrial full size press, I can ask them to take a picture of it - if you want me to?

I removed the complete arm, brake stuff, cable lines, I left the drums on also.
Plus, I did leave the wheels off there was no need in carrying extra weight I thought.[/QUOTE]

LOL it’s all good… no need to take pics of the press… thanks for the offer though :smiley: I just thought the machine shop had a tool that they can take off the bushings while the arm was on the car.

I just hate having to deal with all the rusty seized bolts on the suspension. Guess I’ll tackle the bushings this weekend… it’s waaay overdue.

Bringing this back from the dead. So I ordered the dorman trailing arm bushings with the same exact part number and it fell right through the arm. The dorman was supposed to be the oem replacement…Am I supposed to leave the outer ring on or does the oem part fit right in?

I replaced mine with aftermarket bushings. They were made by Spicer. At first they fell right through but then i burned out the rubber and left the factory outer ring and they fit perfect! But while pressing them in you can have them slightly crooked which will cause them to go bad again. I’v checked Alldata and they’ve had a factory recall on this problem. I went ahead and changed mine to energy suspension afterwards and i would suggest it to anyone. They worked great and needed no pressing!!