Best Header for everyday driving

What is the best header for everyday driving? It is a 91 GS.

honestly, the best header for every day driving is the stock exhaust manifold :shrug:

you need to want some performance gain and have some goals for the future…that will help you decide.

mmmmmmmmmm :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: AN-R header:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: to bad you lose PS & AC

I like my DC 4-2-1 ceramic for everyday driving. It may not yield the most performance gains but it holds up well and gives good ground clearance so it doesnt scrape if I hit something.

Yeah I was looking for horsepower and torque gains.
Also the best prices and most reliable company?
Thanks

try searching around the What to buy forums

Comptech is best for price/performance but they aint that cheap.

comptech doesn’t even make a header for our year. :bored:

if you have no other mods to the engine, why not just stick with the stock oem header? no point in wasting money if everything else is stock. an aftermarket header will only work efficienty once the whole system(i/h/e…various other parts) are changed to work in harmony.

if you do have other mods, it would have been helpful to list them in the first place to help determine what header might be better for your setup.

:up:

I can 3rd that, but if reliable performance is what your after, then

K&N filter w/ removed resonator
JDM ITR 4-1 with heatshild
Carsound cat
The exaust of your choice (about 2.25" diameter)

i just got a stainless steel obx header for 170, ill let you know once i get it on. also, i got the cheapy “BOMZ” full cold air intake off ebay for 51 bucks. btw, how will my car sound with these two items, (rest of exhaust is stock)??? And what filter should i get for the cai??? any suggestions?

Ceramic coated airmass. Way cheaper than the DC… pretty much the same design. I think they may even get their stuff from DC?

hey integra91 didnt the intake come with a filter just use it but clean it every once in a while.hth

Mugen 4-1 :shy:

I like my dc sports 4-2-1 ceramic, works good, with good performance gains (pulls in 2nd gear now). I got it new for $200, which is at dealer cost.

Airmass is DC, just their repaired fuck-ups

Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate it.

Sorry for posting everyday driving. I meant not a race track car.
I do drive this car almost everyday.
I have no other mods yet.

I am just trying to think ahead because I might have an oil leak around the factory header, or may have to take the factor header off to get to the oil leak.

So, if I am going to take my factory header off, I might as well replace them with something better. Just what I was thinking.

Are the DC sports headers on ebay legit?
Also what is better 4-2-1 or 4-1?
Thanks

:wave:

Better as in… what?
If you’re not planning on doing much, it doesnt really matter. low end, high end, etc. Just get the cheapest one. If you’re looking for the best gains, then the header is not all that is gonna matter. I/H/E meaning one of those is a very small gain without the other two. Sounds like you just want a little upgrade since the part is coming off anyway. In that case, both will benefit you 4-2-1 or 4-1. But if you’re gonna decide according to future parts that will be installed, then those would be nice to be considered when choosing which one would be the best for you. If i was you, I’d just grab a ITR header. Decent upgrade compared to your stock header. But don’t forget the other aspects of the upgrade, Intake, Exhaust etc.

does that even make any sense? its good because of its price, but, its not cheap?