Windshield cowl water redirector

Fixes the issue with the wet passenger floor board / water coming through the fan. Redirects water away from the blower hole into the drain area instead. Keeps functionality of “fresh air” input.

Prototype made, currently being 3D-printed.

2 Likes

awsome! cant wait to see some pics

1 Like

I don’t want to post pix of the prototype just yet because I’m not sure the design works. Once it arrives I’ll post pix of it installed and discuss findings.

2 Likes

Prototype arrives Monday.

1 Like

Part arrived today and works great! It just needs a few tweaks and some extensions.

The part fits over the left rib and inside the right channel, so it doesn’t slide around. I dumped water all over it and no drips went inside the blower hole. The part is angled so water flows away. So it works! It needs to be extended in a few areas. Some double sided tape would also be a good idea to help secure it to the channel and rib.

1 Like

I received the 2nd prototype and unfortunately it needs further tweaks. I don’t want to remove that black cover that the part fits in, so it makes taking dimensions a bit more difficult. I think this third tweak will be final though. I took a lot of pictures, and will post them soon.

I’m interested in this as mu car leaks in this area. Please keep us posted.
Thanks,
-nino

Submitted to printer again.

2 Likes

nice work, I always wanted to fabricate like a half gable type of sheild

I have the part but I’ve been sick the past few days so I haven’t had the ability to test fit it. I need a time machine to let me work in a time void.

1 Like