What auto trannies fit?

My name is Jason. Send me an email and I will see what I can do no doubt. I will also post up information as well as I receive it in. I agree in using the correct ecu for the setup. Hang in there and we will get it fixed for sure man.

Jason

“Power2weight”, you may have hit on something. I didn’t know that the legend had the integrated ECU. Does it have four connectors? I have a mechanic buddy who can supply me with wiring and pinout diagrams for the legend. I’ll check that one out. Thanks for the lead.

“OBD Harnesses”, I will make contact by e-mail.

yes, it is 4 connectors for AT version, with the 4th connector being primarily for AT functions. Also, the G2 Legend AT seems to function the same as the G3 Teg AT with similar options (no “S3, S4” stuff) and only 2 shift solenoids. Note that there are a few different types of Legends, Type I AT, Type I 5MT, Type II AT and Type II 6MT. The Type II powertrain is available 93-on in the coupes, and 94-on in GS sedans. So, I don’t recall the specifics of the Type I AT cars, but I am 100% sure you will find the integrated TCU in the ECU of the 93-on Type II cars (93-95 coupe and 94-95 GS sedan). Good luck…

Power2weight, I obtained a wiring diagram for the 95 Legend and it shows ECU outputs going to a “TCS control unit”. Isn’t that a TCM or what is it? There don’t seem to be any outputs going directly to a tranny solenoid or similar functions. Some of the outputs to the TCS control unit come from the “C” connector (the 4th one) and some come from the “D” connector. Do you have any explanation of that before I go looking further? Thanks.

TCS=Traction Control System. It is a “second” throttle body that is motorized to restrict engine power as a way of traction control. It can be ignored. Also, I believe that 93-95 Type II L coupe did not have it, only the LS. Try looking at “L” specific wire diagrams.

Thanks. I’ll look again.

www.levelten.com i couldnt be happier with my tranny !!!

What did you get from Levelten? Can you give us more insight into your setup and how it is better than stock? Are you using the same year tranny as the car?