Top 10 Fastest 1/4-Mile G2's V.2

The traction bar is from etd racing. i only been to the track twice the first time broke an axle and had to go home. then the second one thats when i ran 10’s but didn’t have a roll cage and had to go home too. but for next summer im going to be more involved with import wars at my local track. for next summer im changing from 110 oct to E85 and hope to make the same horsepower.

It’s going to be interesting because everybody thats honda are all vtec at the track and im the only Ls Running better or right next to them.

I broke 1 axle and it was from a 1-2 shift. is there any advice you can give me as to how I can make a better time and not break one again? I havent been to the track since but really don’t want to break another axles as I do it. does your boost controller use boost by gear or RPM or anything like that? I lose a little time when the car hooks in 1 and second.I’m currently not using those options on my AVCR. my car is making a little over 400whp to the wheels and 340ftlbs of tq. just want some tips to try. oh as far as drivetrain setup:

OBX LSD
GSR1-4th, LS5th
OMNI sport coilovers 12kF, 10KR
Z10 traction bar

that’s about it. I know launching my car is a ton difference from launching a EG hatch with the same mods, so not everything my friends have done will work for this car. very interested in what others have tried.

Ever since i broke my first axle i never looked back and bought DSS 2.9. But the best thing you need to practice is (preloading). i don’t use a boost controller for some reason the boost only goes to 26-27 psi and stops but im buying one because i don’t want to risk it next summer.

I do preload so off the line is good to go, but like I was saying, my car is viscious on second gear pull. I’m using 24.5X9.0X13 MT slicks, and inside the car you can hear the slicks grinding against the pavement like I’m loosing traction but the car still rips and to me, it’s my most powerful gear. what slicks and tire pressure are you at? I hope you don’t mind me asking all these as I am clueless on who to ask because this is directly related to our cars.

on another note, what do you rev to and launch at? I am reving my LS out to 7600rpm. using neptune, my launch is variable so not every run is the same or prefect. it works off my VSS and TPS. whenever I cross the 50% TPS threshold, it will hold that rpm until I hit 2MPH.

Update

My first run at my local drag strip was last wed (9/30/09)

On the dyno tune it made:

302whp & 202 tq at 9PSI (First switch for my dual stage boost controller)
337whp & 220 tq at 12PSI (Second switch for dual stage)

Dont have the sheets with me right now, so will update later…

I WAS ON STREET TIRES AND DID NOT LAUNCH ANY OF MY PASSES. I WANTED TO GET A FEEL FOR THE TRACK AS IT WAS MY FIRST TIME

First pass (302whp)
15.2 @ 101

Second Pass: (302whp)
14.32 @ 105

Third Pass: (302whp)
14.5 @ 104.91

Fourth Pass: (First, second and middle of third was at 302whp, then at 5500rpm, switched to 337whp)

14.33 @ 109.21

The track was really cold out, usually hook 2nd, but was spinning all of it. Going back next year on streets and launch this time and shoot for low 13’s, mid 12’s on slicks!

your comments welcome:)

i use the same slicks as you but recently i took them off and i saw that the slicks were grinding and left a black mark. im switching to 24.5x8x13.
for tire pressure i was running like 7 maybe 8 i don’t remember.

i don’t have a two step on the car so i was only reving the car to like 6400rpm.

more pics!

I am loving all the cars in this thread! Keep it coming! I have a b20/vtec I just built 1 week ago, hoping to make it to the last track day here in Ontario on Monday. I’ll post up as soon as I got my time if it doesnt rain :frowning: Im gonna be hitting the track on a basemap, untuned. All its got is type r cams, lightened 8lb flywheel, stage 2 clutch, and b16 non lsd tranny. Was looking for a traction bar for a while anyone recommend any brands? I havent been able to find any. im currently trying to find the etd racing one you guys mentioned in this thread.

The new style ETD looks promising and hopefully with a car like integrated’s using it, it will hopefully change the minds of alot of others who have had failure in the past with there previous styles. I am using Z10’s traction bar, you also have the full-race, AVID and Innovative mounts ones available. you can assure out of the ones listed, Full-race and Z10 are backed. AVID, Innovative and ETD are somewhat new to this Chassis as far as traction bars go.

full race is having a sale on their website right now $150 off

hey no new updates? race season is over? I havent made any better times lately, just butterflying around 11.95-11.92. not much of a difference so I am looking to go bigger. the time shown is what I did on a Maxxed out T3/T4 57 trim turbonetics turbo. pretty much around 27.5psi, it stopped breathing. lol so looking for a new turbo or any suggestions you guys might have to what is an upgrade and what wouldn’t be for me.

what tranny are you running?

I’m running a Hydro GSR 1-4 and LS 5th in a YS1 casing. B16FD with a OBX LSD

im trying to compare trannys with 1/4 mile time slips, now I wonder what tranny is intagrated is running also?
im trying to decide what tranny to go with…

what are you trying to build? I noticed that I do accelerate faster and it’s better overall. the best thing of all is that I get good traction with my slicks. Ideally an even closer gear setup would be B16 1st and 2nd, GSR 3rd and 4th and what ever 5th you wanna run…i.e LS, GSR or B16. the only problem I see with this is TRACTION with a turbo setup. I don’t think I could use B16 1-2 because I’m already fighting traction as it is, so I can just play with what I have and try them one day, but I think I have the best for my setup.

im just trying to be as efficient as possible and get every horsepower I have to the ground as quick as possible, down the quarter mile. you are right about the spining ot of control, but I am going to see how I can work with it with suspension work and slicks. I still want to keep it a daily driver.:read:

New Time with problem for the Integra…All Motor B18/vtec… 12.72@108.89

Here the Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3meN9rjS9o8

Pic:

TimeSlip:

That’s awesome fym_allmotor, see, I knew you could do it. top of the ladder. lol. now whos next? all updated.

Thanks a lot smokeIntegra, the car ran with problem with the 2nd but we going to repair that for go again to the speedways for get best time…we looking for the 12.6 maybe 12.5 without problems… :slight_smile: