Takes a while to shift from D to P

what’d you do? cleaned it? using what?

first remove underdash plastic panels ,both sides, driver and passenger

for drivers side there are 3 screws, and pass there are 2 - check pic above.
POP POP POP cover out. simple

Now remove that center gear cover (all blue circled screws )
simple

Now make some space to remove the center cover, to do that shift the gear all the way down to 2. Now you can take the center cover off.
(make sure you have handbrake on)

From the passenger side remove 2 bolts circles red
Now you have the slider switch out as shown above.

Now you need to open the slider switch. The slider switch does not have any screws…all you need to do it pop it open using a flat head screw driver. ( careful-while opening the slider switch be careful not to twist too much…)

Once you have the slider switch open be careful. there are 2 tiny components in it. You will find a little ball-bearing placed in a hole. Do not lose it. Spray some lubricant (like…wd40 kinda stuff) and wipe out everything inside. Once you have the slider switch open you will know for yourself…clean the slider and metal contacts inside the slider…wet some paper towel with wd40 or lubricant spray stuff and clean it good…thats it… apply a thin layer of new grease…and then spray some more lubricant…just make sure the slider slides smooth and free…make it nice smooth greasy and wet…yummy…simple///try not to aplly too mucg grease on metal points inside the switch///// ((the ball-bearing thing faces drivers side just in case you wanted to know)

its very simple…close the slider switch back…and put everything back together.

thats an awesome teg tip! :slight_smile: should be posted on the main site, and also, what type of grease did you use?

some people say use di-electric grease,

i didnt want to buy a new pack, so i just used regular mechanical grease that i already had with me

you just need pea-sized amount of grease

Do it and tell me how is goes…

more pics of open slider switch

can you circle what needs to be cleaned and re-greased?

wtf yo
you havnt fixed it yet?

go out now and do it!

After cleaning and regreasing mine its still not 100 percent. Its a little better, but I still have to wait 30 seconds to a minute on those minus 25-30 degree days. I’ll probably replace it in the spring.

dude its -20 celcius around here and i dont have a garage, it was a pain to install my one pieces, imagine taking out all the panels and stuff at night… i work most of the time and when i dont, my girlfriend does and i let her take the car … imma do it when its a little bit hotter

I ordered the part to fix mine a last week or so and took some pic’s of it. I notice they’re werent any working pic’s of the part, just descriptions and diagrams. So I hope this help anyone who was wondering what the part looks like. I’m gonna install it in a few mins.

yep thats it that piece of shit- thats why i got rid of my 91ls for a 92 5speed