Sway Bars

I’m glad you came back to this thread… if you’re still interested in sway bars, I’d be more than happy to try and point you in the right direction. But my first question still stands :wink:

i would like to have a suspension setup with jdm parts, but if no jdm company makes them anymore its fine… do you thing cusco make them?

As far as I know there are no japanese companies making sway bars for our cars… or actually let me correct that, none that import their stuff here so that its actually available. It might exist, but I’ve never seen any.

I’m sure there were plenty made 10yrs ago, but they probably phased them out since then. Our cars aren’t exactly hot items over in japan.

And not to insult you or anything… but if you want a sway bar, then you want your car to handle better, right? So why does it matter if its a “jdm” brand? Suspension Techniques and Progress both make swaybars for our cars that work great. True, they are made by US companies, but they will make your car handle better. Just because something is japanese doesn’t mean its better, or even any good at all. IMO you should pick your parts based on performance, not brand name.

I have a 22mm USDM ITR bar installed the right way. Works great and I know it will NEVER tear out, unless the bolt can some how come through a 5/16" steel plate. I think I need to sell it though because some would say it isn’t “period correct” or “JDM” enough to lend “credibility” to my name.

As long as the bar has that JDM chrome plating, you’re fine.

BLING BLING YO!

after this point, the thread got technical…I couldn’t post…

but then:

BAM!!!

:rofl:

i know ST and Progress make good stuff, i was wonderin if any jdm co. made sway bars for DAs, i want quality parts on my DA, but if not… i was gonna go with Progress, I appreciate your help though.

I think you’re still missing the point.

Some Japanese 5 year old can start a company and make sway bars out of K’Nex (do a google search if you don’t know what those are). This means you would buy them?

j00 be lost.

:werd:
JDM does not mean its better or higher quality…

Both ST and Progress make very high quality sway bars for our cars…

Actually when you think about it most of the “best” suspension parts aren’t JDM parts. KONI and Eibach are probably the most respected companies for average upgrades and then you have stuff like Moton and Penske shocks…bushings by Prothane and Energy Suspension, brakes by Stoptech, Wilwood,etc. You get my point.

I doubt he does.

Spoon, Mugen, Apexi, Tanabe, HKS, and etc… what do you think about this companies? if i drive a japanese car, i want jdm company parts on it…get it? i know i cant have every performance part on my DA from JDM companies, there are thinks i dont like from JDM companies, but if you ask anybody that drives an Audi, VW, or BMW… they are gonna want GDM parts for their shit, get the point here… no jdm company make sway bars for DA anymore, i got that, and i never said that USDM companies make bad shit, damn man you guys go in to deep… thanks for the help! Peace!

:stare:

We’re just tired of the JDM bandwagon…

I totally understand about the japanese car, japanese parts… german car, german parts… And it makes sense that the companies closest to that car will have more experience or maybe be better at making parts for a certain car. But thats not something set in stone. Thats why I think its strange to ask only for jdm parts… because you’re limiting yourself. Eventhough its a super super vague question, “What is the best sway bar for my car” would have, imo, been a better question.